- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Angelene Germano National Fraternalist of the Year
Angelene Germano, an active parishioner of St. Anthony of Padua parish in Rockford, has been chosen as the 2013 National Fraternalist of the Year, according to the National Catholic Society of Foresters (NCSF).
Germano was chosen by an independent judge from many nominations for her incredible fraternal spirit and charitable outreach. She is a 15-year member of NCSF and has served as her court’s treasurer for five years. She is the president of the Altar & Rosary Society at St. Anthony’s and has served on or headed numerous committees, volunteering regularly to help wherever she can.
The award includes a $100 donation to the charity of Germano’s choice. The NCSF, with headquarters in Mount Prospect, Ill., provides low-cost, comprehensive insurance protection and fixed-rate annuity products for Catholic families.
From the Oct. 23-29, 2013, issue