- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
Angelene Germano National Fraternalist of the Year
Angelene Germano, an active parishioner of St. Anthony of Padua parish in Rockford, has been chosen as the 2013 National Fraternalist of the Year, according to the National Catholic Society of Foresters (NCSF).
Germano was chosen by an independent judge from many nominations for her incredible fraternal spirit and charitable outreach. She is a 15-year member of NCSF and has served as her court’s treasurer for five years. She is the president of the Altar & Rosary Society at St. Anthony’s and has served on or headed numerous committees, volunteering regularly to help wherever she can.
The award includes a $100 donation to the charity of Germano’s choice. The NCSF, with headquarters in Mount Prospect, Ill., provides low-cost, comprehensive insurance protection and fixed-rate annuity products for Catholic families.
From the Oct. 23-29, 2013, issue