- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Angelene Germano National Fraternalist of the Year
Angelene Germano, an active parishioner of St. Anthony of Padua parish in Rockford, has been chosen as the 2013 National Fraternalist of the Year, according to the National Catholic Society of Foresters (NCSF).
Germano was chosen by an independent judge from many nominations for her incredible fraternal spirit and charitable outreach. She is a 15-year member of NCSF and has served as her court’s treasurer for five years. She is the president of the Altar & Rosary Society at St. Anthony’s and has served on or headed numerous committees, volunteering regularly to help wherever she can.
The award includes a $100 donation to the charity of Germano’s choice. The NCSF, with headquarters in Mount Prospect, Ill., provides low-cost, comprehensive insurance protection and fixed-rate annuity products for Catholic families.
From the Oct. 23-29, 2013, issue