- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Angelene Germano National Fraternalist of the Year
Angelene Germano, an active parishioner of St. Anthony of Padua parish in Rockford, has been chosen as the 2013 National Fraternalist of the Year, according to the National Catholic Society of Foresters (NCSF).
Germano was chosen by an independent judge from many nominations for her incredible fraternal spirit and charitable outreach. She is a 15-year member of NCSF and has served as her court’s treasurer for five years. She is the president of the Altar & Rosary Society at St. Anthony’s and has served on or headed numerous committees, volunteering regularly to help wherever she can.
The award includes a $100 donation to the charity of Germano’s choice. The NCSF, with headquarters in Mount Prospect, Ill., provides low-cost, comprehensive insurance protection and fixed-rate annuity products for Catholic families.
From the Oct. 23-29, 2013, issue