- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Angelene Germano National Fraternalist of the Year
Angelene Germano, an active parishioner of St. Anthony of Padua parish in Rockford, has been chosen as the 2013 National Fraternalist of the Year, according to the National Catholic Society of Foresters (NCSF).
Germano was chosen by an independent judge from many nominations for her incredible fraternal spirit and charitable outreach. She is a 15-year member of NCSF and has served as her court’s treasurer for five years. She is the president of the Altar & Rosary Society at St. Anthony’s and has served on or headed numerous committees, volunteering regularly to help wherever she can.
The award includes a $100 donation to the charity of Germano’s choice. The NCSF, with headquarters in Mount Prospect, Ill., provides low-cost, comprehensive insurance protection and fixed-rate annuity products for Catholic families.
From the Oct. 23-29, 2013, issue