- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Edgebrook’s Festival of Fantasy set for Oct. 26
Rockford’s Edgebrook shopping center, 1601 N. Alpine Road, will present its Eighth Annual Festival of Fantasy Children’s Halloween Parade & Costume Contest from noon to 4 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 26. Admission is free.
Children can register for the costume contest from 11 a.m. to noon in the Edgebrook courtyard. The parade begins at 12:30 p.m., and the contest will follow shortly after from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., and prizes will be awarded by 3 p.m. This will primarily take place underneath a heated overhang directly outside of Mary’s Market. Children between the ages of infant to 12 years old are eligible. The five divisions are as follow: Infant to age 4 — Baby Boos; 5 to 6 — Groovy Goblins; 7 to 8 — Oh La La Owls; 9 to 10 — Super Spookys; and 11 to 12 — Magnificent Monsters. Trophies will be awarded to the first- and second-place winners of each category, and one grand prize of an age- and gender-appropriate bicycle from Kegels Bicycle Store will be awarded to the best costume of all. Homemade costumes are preferred, but not required.
Treat bags will be handed out while supplies last. A storyteller will read some children’s books, while Balloon Guy Billy creates character balloons to give away. Participating Edgebrook merchants have candy to give away to trick-or-treaters who stop by their stores. Call (815) 226-0212 or visit edgebrookshops.com.
From the Oct. 23-29, 2013, issue