- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Edgebrook’s Festival of Fantasy set for Oct. 26
Rockford’s Edgebrook shopping center, 1601 N. Alpine Road, will present its Eighth Annual Festival of Fantasy Children’s Halloween Parade & Costume Contest from noon to 4 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 26. Admission is free.
Children can register for the costume contest from 11 a.m. to noon in the Edgebrook courtyard. The parade begins at 12:30 p.m., and the contest will follow shortly after from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., and prizes will be awarded by 3 p.m. This will primarily take place underneath a heated overhang directly outside of Mary’s Market. Children between the ages of infant to 12 years old are eligible. The five divisions are as follow: Infant to age 4 — Baby Boos; 5 to 6 — Groovy Goblins; 7 to 8 — Oh La La Owls; 9 to 10 — Super Spookys; and 11 to 12 — Magnificent Monsters. Trophies will be awarded to the first- and second-place winners of each category, and one grand prize of an age- and gender-appropriate bicycle from Kegels Bicycle Store will be awarded to the best costume of all. Homemade costumes are preferred, but not required.
Treat bags will be handed out while supplies last. A storyteller will read some children’s books, while Balloon Guy Billy creates character balloons to give away. Participating Edgebrook merchants have candy to give away to trick-or-treaters who stop by their stores. Call (815) 226-0212 or visit edgebrookshops.com.
From the Oct. 23-29, 2013, issue