- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Healing Pathways seeks donations for Nov. 6 Diva Sale
Online Staff Report
The Diva Sale, benefiting Healing Pathways Cancer Resource Center, will be from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 6, at Radisson Hotel & Convention Center, 200 S. Bell School Road, Rockford.
The Diva Sale is a different kind of experience where shoppers can purchase designer items and upscale merchandise at easy-on-the-pocketbook prices. The Diva Sale Committee is seeking donations such as gently-used or new designer clothing, dresses, formalwear, shoes, coats, accessories, purses, scarves, jewelry and more.
Donations can be dropped off at the Diva Storage Facility, 7549 Walton St., 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Mondays and Wednesdays, through Oct. 28. Donations can also be dropped off at Healing Pathways’ new location, 3921 E. State St., Suite D, on Thursdays from 3 to 6 p.m., and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m, through Oct. 25.
Contact Healing Pathways at (815) 977-4123 for more details.
Healing Pathways-Cancer Resource Center offers services and programs to people touched by cancer at no charge. Programs offered include counseling, nutrition classes, gentle exercise, therapeutic writing classes, support groups, massage therapy, reflexology, Reiki as well as emotional support through social gatherings. Healing Pathways is funded through private donations, corporate contributions, fund-raisers and grants.
Posted Oct. 23, 2013