- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Healing Pathways seeks donations for Nov. 6 Diva Sale
Online Staff Report
The Diva Sale, benefiting Healing Pathways Cancer Resource Center, will be from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 6, at Radisson Hotel & Convention Center, 200 S. Bell School Road, Rockford.
The Diva Sale is a different kind of experience where shoppers can purchase designer items and upscale merchandise at easy-on-the-pocketbook prices. The Diva Sale Committee is seeking donations such as gently-used or new designer clothing, dresses, formalwear, shoes, coats, accessories, purses, scarves, jewelry and more.
Donations can be dropped off at the Diva Storage Facility, 7549 Walton St., 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Mondays and Wednesdays, through Oct. 28. Donations can also be dropped off at Healing Pathways’ new location, 3921 E. State St., Suite D, on Thursdays from 3 to 6 p.m., and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m, through Oct. 25.
Contact Healing Pathways at (815) 977-4123 for more details.
Healing Pathways-Cancer Resource Center offers services and programs to people touched by cancer at no charge. Programs offered include counseling, nutrition classes, gentle exercise, therapeutic writing classes, support groups, massage therapy, reflexology, Reiki as well as emotional support through social gatherings. Healing Pathways is funded through private donations, corporate contributions, fund-raisers and grants.
Posted Oct. 23, 2013