- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
‘Horticulture for the Holidays’ at Klehm Dec. 7
University of Illinois Extension brings its annual winter event, “Horticulture for the Holidays,” to Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden, 2715 S. Main St., Rockford, Saturday, Dec. 7.
Cost to attend is $25 per person, which covers materials and instruction for three make-and-take workshops that incorporate the garden and nature with a seasonal twist.
Join U of I Extension horticulture educator Candice Miller as she demonstrates various ways to use evergreens from your own back yard for seasonal decor around your home. She will also demonstrate how to use a basic grapevine wreath to make unique holiday decorations, followed by a hands-on workshop where participants will create their own unique wreath.
Workshop creations include a decoupage garden pail that will serve as a stylish, one-of-a-kind tool … and dried floral satchets, a perfect way to extend your summer garden. These items are perfect for yourself or as a gift.
Event attendees are invited to enjoy the great walking paths and winter landscape at Klehm after the event.
To register, visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw or call Winnebago County Extension at (815) 986-4357. Registration deadline is Dec. 2.
From the Oct. 23-29, 2013, issue