- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
‘Horticulture for the Holidays’ at Klehm Dec. 7
University of Illinois Extension brings its annual winter event, “Horticulture for the Holidays,” to Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden, 2715 S. Main St., Rockford, Saturday, Dec. 7.
Cost to attend is $25 per person, which covers materials and instruction for three make-and-take workshops that incorporate the garden and nature with a seasonal twist.
Join U of I Extension horticulture educator Candice Miller as she demonstrates various ways to use evergreens from your own back yard for seasonal decor around your home. She will also demonstrate how to use a basic grapevine wreath to make unique holiday decorations, followed by a hands-on workshop where participants will create their own unique wreath.
Workshop creations include a decoupage garden pail that will serve as a stylish, one-of-a-kind tool … and dried floral satchets, a perfect way to extend your summer garden. These items are perfect for yourself or as a gift.
Event attendees are invited to enjoy the great walking paths and winter landscape at Klehm after the event.
To register, visit http://web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw or call Winnebago County Extension at (815) 986-4357. Registration deadline is Dec. 2.
From the Oct. 23-29, 2013, issue