- Cubs offense returns in sweep of Milwaukee
- TRRT Online Edition | Aug. 5-11
- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
Obamacare fails to live up to promises
As early as 2009, people who had a basic understanding of concepts like “insurance” and “mandatory coverages” began sounding the call that the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, or “Obamacare,” would be anything but affordable, and a dead weight on the economy. We are watching as the president’s promise, “If you like your health care, you can keep it” becomes a comic line. Not only are people losing the coverages they liked and could afford, some are seeing their hours reduced from full time to 29. Some are even losing their jobs. Small businesses, faced with a 7-foot-high-and-growing pile of regulations and huge fines, have a choice of laying off employees or closing their doors.
When Jimmy Carter was president, “Misery Index” was created to describe the grim economy. But the press cannot be so honest today. Barack Obama is their man. Valerie Jarrett, who runs the White House, planned this government shutdown months ago. Obama and Harry Reid would not budge, though Republican demands lowered from Obamacare repeal, to delay of the individual mandate, to mere inclusion of the Executive Branch and the Congress in Obamacare. Congress gets a 70 percent subsidy of their premium costs. They’re “special”! Too bad for you!
6:30 p.m., Oct. 24, Northern IL Tea Party will meet at 302 W. Main St., Rockton. David Hale, candidate for Congress, and other candidates will address us and take our questions. Doors open at 6 p.m., and the public is welcome.
Northern IL Tea Party
From the Oct. 23-29, 2013, issue