- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
Obamacare fails to live up to promises
As early as 2009, people who had a basic understanding of concepts like “insurance” and “mandatory coverages” began sounding the call that the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, or “Obamacare,” would be anything but affordable, and a dead weight on the economy. We are watching as the president’s promise, “If you like your health care, you can keep it” becomes a comic line. Not only are people losing the coverages they liked and could afford, some are seeing their hours reduced from full time to 29. Some are even losing their jobs. Small businesses, faced with a 7-foot-high-and-growing pile of regulations and huge fines, have a choice of laying off employees or closing their doors.
When Jimmy Carter was president, “Misery Index” was created to describe the grim economy. But the press cannot be so honest today. Barack Obama is their man. Valerie Jarrett, who runs the White House, planned this government shutdown months ago. Obama and Harry Reid would not budge, though Republican demands lowered from Obamacare repeal, to delay of the individual mandate, to mere inclusion of the Executive Branch and the Congress in Obamacare. Congress gets a 70 percent subsidy of their premium costs. They’re “special”! Too bad for you!
6:30 p.m., Oct. 24, Northern IL Tea Party will meet at 302 W. Main St., Rockton. David Hale, candidate for Congress, and other candidates will address us and take our questions. Doors open at 6 p.m., and the public is welcome.
Northern IL Tea Party
From the Oct. 23-29, 2013, issue