- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Season Extension Symposium Nov. 7
University of Illinois Extension local foods and small farms educators Grant McCarty and Constanza Echiaz and Horticulture Educator Candice Miller, along with guest speakers from Farm Tek and Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS), will lead a symposium on season extension and high-tunnel production from 8 a.m. to noon, Thursday, Nov. 7, at Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden’s Clarcor Pavilion, 2715 S. Main St., Rockford.
Presentation topics include production management, cut flower and perennial production, available grants, low tunnels, and the latest equipment on the market for season extension.
Cost is $25 per person; preregistration is required. To register, visit web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw or call (815) 986-4357.
From the Oct. 23-29, 2013, issue