- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Season Extension Symposium Nov. 7
University of Illinois Extension local foods and small farms educators Grant McCarty and Constanza Echiaz and Horticulture Educator Candice Miller, along with guest speakers from Farm Tek and Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS), will lead a symposium on season extension and high-tunnel production from 8 a.m. to noon, Thursday, Nov. 7, at Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden’s Clarcor Pavilion, 2715 S. Main St., Rockford.
Presentation topics include production management, cut flower and perennial production, available grants, low tunnels, and the latest equipment on the market for season extension.
Cost is $25 per person; preregistration is required. To register, visit web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw or call (815) 986-4357.
From the Oct. 23-29, 2013, issue