- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Season Extension Symposium Nov. 7
University of Illinois Extension local foods and small farms educators Grant McCarty and Constanza Echiaz and Horticulture Educator Candice Miller, along with guest speakers from Farm Tek and Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS), will lead a symposium on season extension and high-tunnel production from 8 a.m. to noon, Thursday, Nov. 7, at Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden’s Clarcor Pavilion, 2715 S. Main St., Rockford.
Presentation topics include production management, cut flower and perennial production, available grants, low tunnels, and the latest equipment on the market for season extension.
Cost is $25 per person; preregistration is required. To register, visit web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw or call (815) 986-4357.
From the Oct. 23-29, 2013, issue