- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Season Extension Symposium Nov. 7
University of Illinois Extension local foods and small farms educators Grant McCarty and Constanza Echiaz and Horticulture Educator Candice Miller, along with guest speakers from Farm Tek and Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS), will lead a symposium on season extension and high-tunnel production from 8 a.m. to noon, Thursday, Nov. 7, at Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden’s Clarcor Pavilion, 2715 S. Main St., Rockford.
Presentation topics include production management, cut flower and perennial production, available grants, low tunnels, and the latest equipment on the market for season extension.
Cost is $25 per person; preregistration is required. To register, visit web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw or call (815) 986-4357.
From the Oct. 23-29, 2013, issue