- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
Season Extension Symposium Nov. 7
University of Illinois Extension local foods and small farms educators Grant McCarty and Constanza Echiaz and Horticulture Educator Candice Miller, along with guest speakers from Farm Tek and Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS), will lead a symposium on season extension and high-tunnel production from 8 a.m. to noon, Thursday, Nov. 7, at Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden’s Clarcor Pavilion, 2715 S. Main St., Rockford.
Presentation topics include production management, cut flower and perennial production, available grants, low tunnels, and the latest equipment on the market for season extension.
Cost is $25 per person; preregistration is required. To register, visit web.extension.illinois.edu/jsw or call (815) 986-4357.
From the Oct. 23-29, 2013, issue