- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- Editorial: Got the giving spirit? Here are some places to spread it
- Week 16 NFL picks: Colts will top Cowboys, Manziel will get first win
- NIU Huskies face Marshall Thundering Herd in Boca Raton Bowl
Wellness & Resource Fair Oct. 25 in Oregon, Ill.
Online Staff Report
OREGON, Ill. — The Ogle County Services Network is sponsoring its annual Wellness & Resource Fair for adults from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday, Oct. 25, at the Rock River Center, 810 S. 10th St., Oregon, Ill. Flu and pneumonia vaccines will be available by the Ogle County Health Department.
Schedule of free events
Medicine disposal will be provided by the Oregon Police Department from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Individuals must bring in all pills in a sealed plastic bag for drop-off.
8:30 a.m. — “Shingles,” with Dr. Thomas Michelson
9 a.m. — “Vital Signs: Know Your Numbers,” with Marilyn Csernus, U of I Extension nutrition and wellness educator
10 a.m. — “Illinois Health Insurance Marketplace,” with Ogle County Health Department
1 p.m. — “Estate Planning,” with attorney Dave Smith
• Vision by the Lions Club
• Spinal by Dr. Tracy Woods, Aspiring Health Chiropractic Clinic
• Blood pressure and glucose by Rochelle Community Hospital
• Bone density by OSF Women’s Center
11:30 a.m. — “Cooking Savory Soups,” with U of I Extension nutrition and wellness educators Marilyn Csernus and Natalie Rodakowski
• Massages by Tonya LaPage
• Hand and lip pampering by Mary Kay representative Jamie Revelle
• Mini-manicures/hand massages by Educators of Beauty, College of Cosmetology
In addition to the free events, there will be many exhibitor booths to visit offering information and samples. Also, participants can register to win one of several gift cards for gas, groceries or other items.
For more details, call University of Illinois Extension at (815) 732-2191 or visit web.extension.illinois.edu/bdo, or call the Rock River Center at (815) 732-3252.
Posted Oct. 23, 2013