- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Wellness & Resource Fair Oct. 25 in Oregon, Ill.
Online Staff Report
OREGON, Ill. — The Ogle County Services Network is sponsoring its annual Wellness & Resource Fair for adults from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday, Oct. 25, at the Rock River Center, 810 S. 10th St., Oregon, Ill. Flu and pneumonia vaccines will be available by the Ogle County Health Department.
Schedule of free events
Medicine disposal will be provided by the Oregon Police Department from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Individuals must bring in all pills in a sealed plastic bag for drop-off.
8:30 a.m. — “Shingles,” with Dr. Thomas Michelson
9 a.m. — “Vital Signs: Know Your Numbers,” with Marilyn Csernus, U of I Extension nutrition and wellness educator
10 a.m. — “Illinois Health Insurance Marketplace,” with Ogle County Health Department
1 p.m. — “Estate Planning,” with attorney Dave Smith
• Vision by the Lions Club
• Spinal by Dr. Tracy Woods, Aspiring Health Chiropractic Clinic
• Blood pressure and glucose by Rochelle Community Hospital
• Bone density by OSF Women’s Center
11:30 a.m. — “Cooking Savory Soups,” with U of I Extension nutrition and wellness educators Marilyn Csernus and Natalie Rodakowski
• Massages by Tonya LaPage
• Hand and lip pampering by Mary Kay representative Jamie Revelle
• Mini-manicures/hand massages by Educators of Beauty, College of Cosmetology
In addition to the free events, there will be many exhibitor booths to visit offering information and samples. Also, participants can register to win one of several gift cards for gas, groceries or other items.
For more details, call University of Illinois Extension at (815) 732-2191 or visit web.extension.illinois.edu/bdo, or call the Rock River Center at (815) 732-3252.
Posted Oct. 23, 2013