- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Wellness & Resource Fair Oct. 25 in Oregon, Ill.
Online Staff Report
OREGON, Ill. — The Ogle County Services Network is sponsoring its annual Wellness & Resource Fair for adults from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday, Oct. 25, at the Rock River Center, 810 S. 10th St., Oregon, Ill. Flu and pneumonia vaccines will be available by the Ogle County Health Department.
Schedule of free events
Medicine disposal will be provided by the Oregon Police Department from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Individuals must bring in all pills in a sealed plastic bag for drop-off.
8:30 a.m. — “Shingles,” with Dr. Thomas Michelson
9 a.m. — “Vital Signs: Know Your Numbers,” with Marilyn Csernus, U of I Extension nutrition and wellness educator
10 a.m. — “Illinois Health Insurance Marketplace,” with Ogle County Health Department
1 p.m. — “Estate Planning,” with attorney Dave Smith
• Vision by the Lions Club
• Spinal by Dr. Tracy Woods, Aspiring Health Chiropractic Clinic
• Blood pressure and glucose by Rochelle Community Hospital
• Bone density by OSF Women’s Center
11:30 a.m. — “Cooking Savory Soups,” with U of I Extension nutrition and wellness educators Marilyn Csernus and Natalie Rodakowski
• Massages by Tonya LaPage
• Hand and lip pampering by Mary Kay representative Jamie Revelle
• Mini-manicures/hand massages by Educators of Beauty, College of Cosmetology
In addition to the free events, there will be many exhibitor booths to visit offering information and samples. Also, participants can register to win one of several gift cards for gas, groceries or other items.
For more details, call University of Illinois Extension at (815) 732-2191 or visit web.extension.illinois.edu/bdo, or call the Rock River Center at (815) 732-3252.
Posted Oct. 23, 2013