- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
ACA topic of Nov. 2 event at Rockford Memorial Hospital
Online Staff Report
From 1 to 3 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 2, Rockford Health System staff will gather in the Funderburg Auditorium at Rockford Memorial Hospital, 2400 N. Rockton Ave., to inform residents about the Affordable Care Act (ACA) as part of “Cover Your Community” day.
As of Oct. 1, individuals, families and small businesses in Illinois can sign up for health coverage through Get Covered Illinois — The Official Health Marketplace by visiting www.GetCoveredIllinois.gov.
Through the Marketplace, Illinois residents can get to the right place to shop and compare all of the health insurance plans offered in the state.
“Cover Your Community” day of action is a statewide effort to educate Illinois residents about Get Covered Illinois and the health insurance options available to them.
“Get Covered at RHS: An Informational Open House” will discuss topics such as the types of coverage offered, how to get coverage, plan costs and financial help, Medicaid, local resources and more. Specially trained counselors, called navigators, will be present to assist residents and answer questions in person.
Posted Oct. 30, 2013