- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
ACA topic of Nov. 2 event at Rockford Memorial Hospital
Online Staff Report
From 1 to 3 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 2, Rockford Health System staff will gather in the Funderburg Auditorium at Rockford Memorial Hospital, 2400 N. Rockton Ave., to inform residents about the Affordable Care Act (ACA) as part of “Cover Your Community” day.
As of Oct. 1, individuals, families and small businesses in Illinois can sign up for health coverage through Get Covered Illinois — The Official Health Marketplace by visiting www.GetCoveredIllinois.gov.
Through the Marketplace, Illinois residents can get to the right place to shop and compare all of the health insurance plans offered in the state.
“Cover Your Community” day of action is a statewide effort to educate Illinois residents about Get Covered Illinois and the health insurance options available to them.
“Get Covered at RHS: An Informational Open House” will discuss topics such as the types of coverage offered, how to get coverage, plan costs and financial help, Medicaid, local resources and more. Specially trained counselors, called navigators, will be present to assist residents and answer questions in person.
Posted Oct. 30, 2013