- State Roundup: Cook County relaxing pot prosecutions
- Tech-Friendly: Get the LG G Flex 2 and other big smartphones at U.S. Cellular
- State Roundup: Unfunded pension liability greater impact than fluctuating revenue
- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
ACA topic of Nov. 2 event at Rockford Memorial Hospital
Online Staff Report
From 1 to 3 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 2, Rockford Health System staff will gather in the Funderburg Auditorium at Rockford Memorial Hospital, 2400 N. Rockton Ave., to inform residents about the Affordable Care Act (ACA) as part of “Cover Your Community” day.
As of Oct. 1, individuals, families and small businesses in Illinois can sign up for health coverage through Get Covered Illinois — The Official Health Marketplace by visiting www.GetCoveredIllinois.gov.
Through the Marketplace, Illinois residents can get to the right place to shop and compare all of the health insurance plans offered in the state.
“Cover Your Community” day of action is a statewide effort to educate Illinois residents about Get Covered Illinois and the health insurance options available to them.
“Get Covered at RHS: An Informational Open House” will discuss topics such as the types of coverage offered, how to get coverage, plan costs and financial help, Medicaid, local resources and more. Specially trained counselors, called navigators, will be present to assist residents and answer questions in person.
Posted Oct. 30, 2013