- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Benefit for Christine Schmitendorf Nov. 3
MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. — A leukemia cancer benefit will be held for Christine Schmitendorf from noon to 4 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 3. The benefit will be at Onyx Bar & Grill, 1001 W. Lane (Route 173), Machesney Park, Ill.
The benefit will feature the band Southern Charm, along with food, raffles, silent auction, bake sale and drink specials.
All proceeds will be donated directly to Schmitendorf and her family.
For more details, contact Raylyne Dunn at (815) 281-3111 or email@example.com.
From the Oct. 30-Nov. 5, 2013, issue