- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Diva Sale for Healing Pathways Cancer Resource Center Nov. 6
Online Staff Report
The Diva Sale, benefiting Healing Pathways Cancer Resource Center, will be from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Nov. 6, at Radisson Hotel & Convention Center, Rockford. The Diva Sale Committee is an event for local savvy shoppers looking for treasures to add to their wardrobe.
The Diva Committee has planned this third-year event to be a different kind of shopping experience while raising funds to support programs and services offered by Healing Pathways. Shoppers are invited to browse, have a mimosa or cocktail, order from a special Diva lunch menu, or come in the evening (from 5-8 p.m.) to enjoy the dueling bartenders.
Items available will include new and gently-used items from savvy shoppers, store owners and fashionistas willing to share their finds to benefit Healing Pathways Cancer Resource Center. This year’s vendors include Kie & Kate Couture, Vault Denim, Don’t Forget About Us, NYDJ and more. Popular items such as designer clothing, coats, furs, scarves, dresses, jewelry, designer jeans, formalwear, shoes, accessories and purses will be sold.
Shoppers can also purchase elegant “Diva” stemware for special occasions and the upcoming holiday season.
Call (815) 977-4123 or visit www.healingpathwayscrc.org for more details.
Healing Pathways Cancer Resource Center offers services and programs to people touched by cancer at no charge. Programs offered include: counseling, nutrition classes, gentle exercise, therapeutic writing classes, support groups, massage therapy, reflexology, Reiki as well as emotional support through social gatherings. Healing Pathways is at 3921 E. State St., Suite D, Rockford. Healing Pathways is funded through private donations, corporate contributions, fund-raisers and grants.
Posted Oct. 30, 2013