- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Diva Sale for Healing Pathways Cancer Resource Center Nov. 6
Online Staff Report
The Diva Sale, benefiting Healing Pathways Cancer Resource Center, will be from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Nov. 6, at Radisson Hotel & Convention Center, Rockford. The Diva Sale Committee is an event for local savvy shoppers looking for treasures to add to their wardrobe.
The Diva Committee has planned this third-year event to be a different kind of shopping experience while raising funds to support programs and services offered by Healing Pathways. Shoppers are invited to browse, have a mimosa or cocktail, order from a special Diva lunch menu, or come in the evening (from 5-8 p.m.) to enjoy the dueling bartenders.
Items available will include new and gently-used items from savvy shoppers, store owners and fashionistas willing to share their finds to benefit Healing Pathways Cancer Resource Center. This year’s vendors include Kie & Kate Couture, Vault Denim, Don’t Forget About Us, NYDJ and more. Popular items such as designer clothing, coats, furs, scarves, dresses, jewelry, designer jeans, formalwear, shoes, accessories and purses will be sold.
Shoppers can also purchase elegant “Diva” stemware for special occasions and the upcoming holiday season.
Call (815) 977-4123 or visit www.healingpathwayscrc.org for more details.
Healing Pathways Cancer Resource Center offers services and programs to people touched by cancer at no charge. Programs offered include: counseling, nutrition classes, gentle exercise, therapeutic writing classes, support groups, massage therapy, reflexology, Reiki as well as emotional support through social gatherings. Healing Pathways is at 3921 E. State St., Suite D, Rockford. Healing Pathways is funded through private donations, corporate contributions, fund-raisers and grants.
Posted Oct. 30, 2013