- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Family Counseling Services begins self-guided group for veterans
Online Staff Report
Therasa Zito, LCSW, ICDVP, executive director of Family Counseling Services (FCS), has announced the agency has begun a self-guided, self-help group for all veterans at the agency office. This special meeting is open to all veterans (combat or non-combat) and is held every Tuesday from 6 to 7 p.m.
“There will be no counselors (either from the agency or from the Veterans Administration) in the conference room,” Zito said. “During the meeting and for one hour afterward, there will be a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) on site and on call at no cost.”
Because of the nature of the discussions, there may be issues of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other substantive issues that arise.
There is no cost for this service. Free coffee and water will be provided. FCS is at 210 N. Longwood St., two blocks north of State Street.
Call the FCS office at (815) 962-5585 for more details.
Posted Oct. 30, 2013