- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
Family Counseling Services begins self-guided group for veterans
Online Staff Report
Therasa Zito, LCSW, ICDVP, executive director of Family Counseling Services (FCS), has announced the agency has begun a self-guided, self-help group for all veterans at the agency office. This special meeting is open to all veterans (combat or non-combat) and is held every Tuesday from 6 to 7 p.m.
“There will be no counselors (either from the agency or from the Veterans Administration) in the conference room,” Zito said. “During the meeting and for one hour afterward, there will be a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) on site and on call at no cost.”
Because of the nature of the discussions, there may be issues of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other substantive issues that arise.
There is no cost for this service. Free coffee and water will be provided. FCS is at 210 N. Longwood St., two blocks north of State Street.
Call the FCS office at (815) 962-5585 for more details.
Posted Oct. 30, 2013