- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
Living Well with Diabetes support group offered in Oregon, Ill.
Online Staff Report
OREGON, Ill. — Living Well with Diabetes is a new support group sponsored by the Rock River Center and facilitated by University of Illinois Extension nutrition and wellness educator Marilyn Csernus, MS, RD, CDE. Csernus is a registered and licensed dietitian and a certified diabetes educator.
This support group is appropriate whether you or your family member is newly diagnosed, or someone who has been dealing with diabetes for a long time.
Living Well with Diabetes provides an opportunity for individuals with diabetes, family and/or caregivers of those with diabetes to get together and share experiences, challenges and triumphs. Guest speakers, relevant educational topics and diabetes-friendly recipes will be provided during this forum.
Meetings are free of and will be at the Rock River Center, 810 S. 10th St., Oregon, Ill. An informational meeting will be at 6 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 6.
Register with Rock River Center in person, or by phone at (815) 732-3252. University of Illinois Extension will also be accepting registrations at http://web.extension.illinois.edu/bdo or by phone at (815) 732-2191.
Posted Oct. 30, 2013