- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Living Well with Diabetes support group offered in Oregon, Ill.
Online Staff Report
OREGON, Ill. — Living Well with Diabetes is a new support group sponsored by the Rock River Center and facilitated by University of Illinois Extension nutrition and wellness educator Marilyn Csernus, MS, RD, CDE. Csernus is a registered and licensed dietitian and a certified diabetes educator.
This support group is appropriate whether you or your family member is newly diagnosed, or someone who has been dealing with diabetes for a long time.
Living Well with Diabetes provides an opportunity for individuals with diabetes, family and/or caregivers of those with diabetes to get together and share experiences, challenges and triumphs. Guest speakers, relevant educational topics and diabetes-friendly recipes will be provided during this forum.
Meetings are free of and will be at the Rock River Center, 810 S. 10th St., Oregon, Ill. An informational meeting will be at 6 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 6.
Register with Rock River Center in person, or by phone at (815) 732-3252. University of Illinois Extension will also be accepting registrations at http://web.extension.illinois.edu/bdo or by phone at (815) 732-2191.
Posted Oct. 30, 2013