- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
Living Well with Diabetes support group offered in Oregon, Ill.
Online Staff Report
OREGON, Ill. — Living Well with Diabetes is a new support group sponsored by the Rock River Center and facilitated by University of Illinois Extension nutrition and wellness educator Marilyn Csernus, MS, RD, CDE. Csernus is a registered and licensed dietitian and a certified diabetes educator.
This support group is appropriate whether you or your family member is newly diagnosed, or someone who has been dealing with diabetes for a long time.
Living Well with Diabetes provides an opportunity for individuals with diabetes, family and/or caregivers of those with diabetes to get together and share experiences, challenges and triumphs. Guest speakers, relevant educational topics and diabetes-friendly recipes will be provided during this forum.
Meetings are free of and will be at the Rock River Center, 810 S. 10th St., Oregon, Ill. An informational meeting will be at 6 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 6.
Register with Rock River Center in person, or by phone at (815) 732-3252. University of Illinois Extension will also be accepting registrations at http://web.extension.illinois.edu/bdo or by phone at (815) 732-2191.
Posted Oct. 30, 2013