- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
October is Pastor Appreciation Month
October is a time to celebrate so many things … harvest, the coming of fall and October is also Pastor Appreciation Month. With many churches around the northern Illinois area, there are so many people to appreciate and celebrate. For me, my home church is New Life Bible Church. The pastors, staff and people there mean the world to me, and I count them as a second family. Only with their support am I only able to be the best mom, wife and believer in Jesus that I can be.
If you have a church home, I encourage you to write a small note of encouragement and support for your pastor. In addition, if you have been touched by New Life Bible Church in the Winnebago/Pecatonica area, I ask that you consider writing a note to one of the pastors there. Our senior pastor is Gary Turner; associate pastor, Tim Spickler; director of women and children, Shelly Spickler; director of Next Level Youth Ministries, Shannon Zittle; and worship director, Amy Alber. Send the note to New Life Bible Church, P.O. Box 7, Winnebago IL 61088.
And if you don’t have a church home, consider joining us on Sunday morning. Our service times are 8:30 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. You are always welcome.
Leaf River, Ill.
Posted Oct. 30, 2013