- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
October is Pastor Appreciation Month
October is a time to celebrate so many things … harvest, the coming of fall and October is also Pastor Appreciation Month. With many churches around the northern Illinois area, there are so many people to appreciate and celebrate. For me, my home church is New Life Bible Church. The pastors, staff and people there mean the world to me, and I count them as a second family. Only with their support am I only able to be the best mom, wife and believer in Jesus that I can be.
If you have a church home, I encourage you to write a small note of encouragement and support for your pastor. In addition, if you have been touched by New Life Bible Church in the Winnebago/Pecatonica area, I ask that you consider writing a note to one of the pastors there. Our senior pastor is Gary Turner; associate pastor, Tim Spickler; director of women and children, Shelly Spickler; director of Next Level Youth Ministries, Shannon Zittle; and worship director, Amy Alber. Send the note to New Life Bible Church, P.O. Box 7, Winnebago IL 61088.
And if you don’t have a church home, consider joining us on Sunday morning. Our service times are 8:30 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. You are always welcome.
Leaf River, Ill.
Posted Oct. 30, 2013