- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
October is Pastor Appreciation Month
October is a time to celebrate so many things … harvest, the coming of fall and October is also Pastor Appreciation Month. With many churches around the northern Illinois area, there are so many people to appreciate and celebrate. For me, my home church is New Life Bible Church. The pastors, staff and people there mean the world to me, and I count them as a second family. Only with their support am I only able to be the best mom, wife and believer in Jesus that I can be.
If you have a church home, I encourage you to write a small note of encouragement and support for your pastor. In addition, if you have been touched by New Life Bible Church in the Winnebago/Pecatonica area, I ask that you consider writing a note to one of the pastors there. Our senior pastor is Gary Turner; associate pastor, Tim Spickler; director of women and children, Shelly Spickler; director of Next Level Youth Ministries, Shannon Zittle; and worship director, Amy Alber. Send the note to New Life Bible Church, P.O. Box 7, Winnebago IL 61088.
And if you don’t have a church home, consider joining us on Sunday morning. Our service times are 8:30 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. You are always welcome.
Leaf River, Ill.
Posted Oct. 30, 2013