- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Park District offers youth basketball skills camp Nov. 4-8
Online Staff Report
Rockford Park District invites youth in grades pre-K through four to sign up for a youth basketball skills camp designed to teach children the necessary skills to become a better player. Camp participants will learn the latest techniques in ball handling, passing, shooting, footwork, rebounding and team play from local high school coaches.
Daily guest coaches will be as follow:
• Nov. 5, Rockford East High School Boys’ Varsity Basketball Coach Roy Sackmaster;
• Nov. 6, Rockford Auburn High School Boys’ Varsity Basketball Coach Bryan Ott;
• Nov. 7, Rockford Jefferson High School Girls’ Varsity Basketball Coach John Guth; and
• Nov. 8, Rockford Auburn High School Girls’ Varsity Basketball Coach Xavier Hoover.
Camp will be held from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, Nov. 4-8, at West Middle School in Rockford, with a kick-off jamboree Nov. 4, where Chicago Sky mascot Sky Guy will appear, as well as the Sky Squad Dunk Show.
Camp fee is $40 ($45 non-resident) and includes a T-shirt and award. Registration is under way, and will continue through Oct. 28, if capacity has not been reached sooner.
Registrations are taken online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click My RPD), by mail, fax or at Customer Service locations in downtown Rockford, or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park.
Complete information is in the Park District’s Fall/Winter 2013/2014 Program Guide (www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/guides), at Park District Customer Service and facilities, or by calling (815) 962-7469 or (815) 987-8800.
For information about support and adapted sports programs, including wheelchair basketball and Buddy Basketball for players with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800.
Posted Oct. 30, 2013