- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
Park District offers youth basketball skills camp Nov. 4-8
Online Staff Report
Rockford Park District invites youth in grades pre-K through four to sign up for a youth basketball skills camp designed to teach children the necessary skills to become a better player. Camp participants will learn the latest techniques in ball handling, passing, shooting, footwork, rebounding and team play from local high school coaches.
Daily guest coaches will be as follow:
• Nov. 5, Rockford East High School Boys’ Varsity Basketball Coach Roy Sackmaster;
• Nov. 6, Rockford Auburn High School Boys’ Varsity Basketball Coach Bryan Ott;
• Nov. 7, Rockford Jefferson High School Girls’ Varsity Basketball Coach John Guth; and
• Nov. 8, Rockford Auburn High School Girls’ Varsity Basketball Coach Xavier Hoover.
Camp will be held from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, Nov. 4-8, at West Middle School in Rockford, with a kick-off jamboree Nov. 4, where Chicago Sky mascot Sky Guy will appear, as well as the Sky Squad Dunk Show.
Camp fee is $40 ($45 non-resident) and includes a T-shirt and award. Registration is under way, and will continue through Oct. 28, if capacity has not been reached sooner.
Registrations are taken online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click My RPD), by mail, fax or at Customer Service locations in downtown Rockford, or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park.
Complete information is in the Park District’s Fall/Winter 2013/2014 Program Guide (www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/guides), at Park District Customer Service and facilities, or by calling (815) 962-7469 or (815) 987-8800.
For information about support and adapted sports programs, including wheelchair basketball and Buddy Basketball for players with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800.
Posted Oct. 30, 2013