- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
Rockford Christian stages ‘Radium Girls’ Nov. 1-2
Online Staff Report
The theater department at Rockford Christian High School, 1401 N. Bell School Road, will stage Radium Girls Friday and Saturday, Nov. 1-2.
Radium Girls will open Friday with a dinner theater experience. Audience members will have the opportunity to enjoy some light entertainment and a family-style Italian dinner from 6 to 7 p.m. The show will begin promptly at 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2, is not a dinner theater experience, but the show will start at 6 p.m.
Radium Girls is the powerful and empowering story of Grace Fryer, a factory worker in the 1920s whose health and future are compromised by the radium paint used in making government-issued watches. Eventually, Grace finds herself battling not just with the U.S. Radium Corporation, but with her own family and friends, who fear her campaign for justice will backfire.
Written with warmth and humor, Radium Girls is a fast-moving, highly theatrical ensemble piece featuring 24 student-actors. Called a “powerful” and “engrossing” drama by critics, Radium Girls offers a wry, unflinching look at the peculiarly American obsessions with health, wealth and the commercialization of science.
This event has limited seating and is a unique experience for patrons. Tickets for the Friday dinner theater are $15 for adults, $12 for students (order at https://ticketriver.com/event/8527-radium-girls—dinner-theatre). Tickets for the Saturday non-dinner theater are $8 adults, $5 students (order at https://ticketriver.com/event/8528-radium-girls—saturday-night).
Call the school at (815) 391-8000 for more details.
Posted Oct. 30, 2013