- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Rockford Christian stages ‘Radium Girls’ Nov. 1-2
Online Staff Report
The theater department at Rockford Christian High School, 1401 N. Bell School Road, will stage Radium Girls Friday and Saturday, Nov. 1-2.
Radium Girls will open Friday with a dinner theater experience. Audience members will have the opportunity to enjoy some light entertainment and a family-style Italian dinner from 6 to 7 p.m. The show will begin promptly at 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2, is not a dinner theater experience, but the show will start at 6 p.m.
Radium Girls is the powerful and empowering story of Grace Fryer, a factory worker in the 1920s whose health and future are compromised by the radium paint used in making government-issued watches. Eventually, Grace finds herself battling not just with the U.S. Radium Corporation, but with her own family and friends, who fear her campaign for justice will backfire.
Written with warmth and humor, Radium Girls is a fast-moving, highly theatrical ensemble piece featuring 24 student-actors. Called a “powerful” and “engrossing” drama by critics, Radium Girls offers a wry, unflinching look at the peculiarly American obsessions with health, wealth and the commercialization of science.
This event has limited seating and is a unique experience for patrons. Tickets for the Friday dinner theater are $15 for adults, $12 for students (order at https://ticketriver.com/event/8527-radium-girls—dinner-theatre). Tickets for the Saturday non-dinner theater are $8 adults, $5 students (order at https://ticketriver.com/event/8528-radium-girls—saturday-night).
Call the school at (815) 391-8000 for more details.
Posted Oct. 30, 2013