- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
Rockford Dance Company executive moves on
Cindy Jo Savitski-Lantz, Rockford Dance Company (RDC) executive director, has announced her resignation from the company after accepting a position as managing director with Chicago Dramatist.
Lantz served the RDC as executive director for 11 years. She started with the company as production manager in 1996, and in 2003, she was appointed to the position of executive director. During her tenure as RDC’s executive director, she was responsible for growing the organization, fund-raising, overseeing capital projects, Trading Spaces, and establishing RDC as a leader in outreach programming.
“I find it bittersweet to be leaving during RDC’s 40th anniversary season,” Lantz said. “I am looking forward to moving on for personal growth, and I am very excited to be returning to my theater roots in Chicago.”
Matthew Keefe, RDC artistic director, added: “It has been an honor and privilege to serve alongside Cindy at RDC. Her strong strategic skills have been instrumental in the implementation of my vision over the past two years. RDC is on solid financial footing, in large part due to Cindy’s efforts. I congratulate her on this exciting new chapter of her career. She will be missed.”
Lantz will stay connected with RDC by continuing to serve on the Ruby Jubilee Committee that will honor RDC’s founders and supporters April 5 at Coronado Theatre.
The RDC Board of Directors has organized a search committee to recruit a new executive director. Dance Company and school operations will continue as usual, with Lantz supporting the search committee through the transition. The board’s plan is to have a new director in place by mid-November.
From the Oct. 30-Nov. 5, 2013, issue