- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Rockford Dance Company executive moves on
Cindy Jo Savitski-Lantz, Rockford Dance Company (RDC) executive director, has announced her resignation from the company after accepting a position as managing director with Chicago Dramatist.
Lantz served the RDC as executive director for 11 years. She started with the company as production manager in 1996, and in 2003, she was appointed to the position of executive director. During her tenure as RDC’s executive director, she was responsible for growing the organization, fund-raising, overseeing capital projects, Trading Spaces, and establishing RDC as a leader in outreach programming.
“I find it bittersweet to be leaving during RDC’s 40th anniversary season,” Lantz said. “I am looking forward to moving on for personal growth, and I am very excited to be returning to my theater roots in Chicago.”
Matthew Keefe, RDC artistic director, added: “It has been an honor and privilege to serve alongside Cindy at RDC. Her strong strategic skills have been instrumental in the implementation of my vision over the past two years. RDC is on solid financial footing, in large part due to Cindy’s efforts. I congratulate her on this exciting new chapter of her career. She will be missed.”
Lantz will stay connected with RDC by continuing to serve on the Ruby Jubilee Committee that will honor RDC’s founders and supporters April 5 at Coronado Theatre.
The RDC Board of Directors has organized a search committee to recruit a new executive director. Dance Company and school operations will continue as usual, with Lantz supporting the search committee through the transition. The board’s plan is to have a new director in place by mid-November.
From the Oct. 30-Nov. 5, 2013, issue