- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
SwedishAmerican wins Consumer Choice Award again
Online Staff Report
Rockford’s SwedishAmerican Hospital has received a 2013-2014 Consumer Choice Award from National Research Corporation (NRC), a leader in health care performance measurement. The award recognizes the most preferred hospitals in markets across the United States.
“Once again, Rockford-area residents have recognized us for the quality care that SwedishAmerican’s staff, physicians and volunteers provide to our patients every day,” said Dr. Bill Gorski, president and CEO for SwedishAmerican.
“We are thrilled to offer this annual award because we understand how important the role of reputation plays in health care consumer decision-making,” said Susan L. Henricks, president and chief operating officer at National Research. “These winners have done an outstanding job of representing their organizations in terms of high-quality care, improvement initiatives, and positive consumer perceptions and experiences. The consumers have spoken. And we congratulate the winning hospitals in receiving this honor.”
Winners, named in Modern Healthcare magazine, are determined by consumer perceptions on multiple quality and image ratings collected in the company’s market insights survey. This study surveys more than 270,000 households representing consumers in the contiguous 48 states and the District of Columbia. From the households surveyed, hospitals named by consumers are analyzed and ranked based on their Core Based Statistical Areas (CBSAs) as defined by the U.S. Census Bureau, with the winning facilities being ranked the highest.
The last nine times this award has been given in the Rockford market, SwedishAmerican has been named as a winner. This year, SwedishAmerican was named a co-winner along with OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center.
Posted Oct. 30, 2013