- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
SwedishAmerican wins Consumer Choice Award again
Online Staff Report
Rockford’s SwedishAmerican Hospital has received a 2013-2014 Consumer Choice Award from National Research Corporation (NRC), a leader in health care performance measurement. The award recognizes the most preferred hospitals in markets across the United States.
“Once again, Rockford-area residents have recognized us for the quality care that SwedishAmerican’s staff, physicians and volunteers provide to our patients every day,” said Dr. Bill Gorski, president and CEO for SwedishAmerican.
“We are thrilled to offer this annual award because we understand how important the role of reputation plays in health care consumer decision-making,” said Susan L. Henricks, president and chief operating officer at National Research. “These winners have done an outstanding job of representing their organizations in terms of high-quality care, improvement initiatives, and positive consumer perceptions and experiences. The consumers have spoken. And we congratulate the winning hospitals in receiving this honor.”
Winners, named in Modern Healthcare magazine, are determined by consumer perceptions on multiple quality and image ratings collected in the company’s market insights survey. This study surveys more than 270,000 households representing consumers in the contiguous 48 states and the District of Columbia. From the households surveyed, hospitals named by consumers are analyzed and ranked based on their Core Based Statistical Areas (CBSAs) as defined by the U.S. Census Bureau, with the winning facilities being ranked the highest.
The last nine times this award has been given in the Rockford market, SwedishAmerican has been named as a winner. This year, SwedishAmerican was named a co-winner along with OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center.
Posted Oct. 30, 2013