- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
‘Winter Wonderland’ at Belvidere’s Summerfield Zoo Nov. 2-3
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Belvidere’s Summerfield Zoo, 3088 Flora Road, will present its fourth annual “Winter Wonderland” Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 2-3.
Margaret Tyler, member of the board of directors at Summerfield Zoo, said: “Winter Wonderland at Summerfield Zoo is going to be a magical event! Don’t miss the chance to take your best Christmas card picture ever — with live reindeer and elves. ”
The zoo is open 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 2, and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 3. Admission is $8 per adult, $6 per senior, and $5 per child. All proceeds go to the care of all the animals, many of which are rescues.
The weekend will include live reindeer, elves, Mrs. Claus, crafts and face painting. Enjoy animal encounter presentations, the petting zoo, and shop in the gift shop.
This is the last remaining weekend for the 2013 zoo season. Summerfield Zoo is a not-for-profit organization. Visit summerfieldfarmandzoo.com or call (815) 547-4852.
From the Oct. 30-Nov. 5, 2013, issue