- Tech-Friendly: Get the LG G Flex 2 and other big smartphones at U.S. Cellular
- State Roundup: Unfunded pension liability greater impact than fluctuating revenue
- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
‘Winter Wonderland’ at Belvidere’s Summerfield Zoo Nov. 2-3
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Belvidere’s Summerfield Zoo, 3088 Flora Road, will present its fourth annual “Winter Wonderland” Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 2-3.
Margaret Tyler, member of the board of directors at Summerfield Zoo, said: “Winter Wonderland at Summerfield Zoo is going to be a magical event! Don’t miss the chance to take your best Christmas card picture ever — with live reindeer and elves. ”
The zoo is open 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 2, and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 3. Admission is $8 per adult, $6 per senior, and $5 per child. All proceeds go to the care of all the animals, many of which are rescues.
The weekend will include live reindeer, elves, Mrs. Claus, crafts and face painting. Enjoy animal encounter presentations, the petting zoo, and shop in the gift shop.
This is the last remaining weekend for the 2013 zoo season. Summerfield Zoo is a not-for-profit organization. Visit summerfieldfarmandzoo.com or call (815) 547-4852.
From the Oct. 30-Nov. 5, 2013, issue