- IceHogs drop Wolves 4-3 at home
- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
Dark Stalkers returns to Poplar Grove’s Screamatorium Nov. 8-9
• Navigate through haunted house in total darkness — aided only by a single glowstick
POPLAR GROVE, Ill. — Still think Halloween is just for kids? Think again!
This November, the lights will go out … terror will awake … and the darkness will consume you as R.I.P. Productions presents the return of the highly-acclaimed phenomenon Dark Stalkers at the Screamatorium Haunted House in Poplar Grove, Ill.
Each group will be given one glowstick to navigate through total darkness, where monsters and mayhem await. Inside the depths of the darkness, a horde of monsters roam freely, ready to wreak havoc upon all those who enter. It is not uncommon for participants to get lost, separated from their groups, or have their glowsticks stolen by the terror that lurks inside.
If your group cannot find its way out or if anyone becomes too frightened, you will not be escorted out. If your group’s glowstick is lost or stolen by a monster, it will not be replaced.
Monsters, props and effects will be active during this terrifying event. The event is not for the faint of heart and is not recommended for those younger than 13. All guests will be required to sign a waiver before entering this event.
The event will run 7-11:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday, Nov. 8-9, at the Screamatorium Haunted House, Arte Verde Garden Center, 15630 Illinois Route 76, Poplar Grove, Ill.
Because of the intense nature of this event, capacity is limited.
The Screamatorium Haunted House is rated a top haunted attraction in the northern Illinois area. Admission is $10 per person. Tickets are available at the Screamatorium box office only. For more information, call the Frightline at (815) 965-6772 or visit www.trailofscreams.com.
From the Nov. 6-12, 2013, issue