- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
First Tee’s Bowling Extravaganza Nov. 9
LOVES PARK, Ill. — The First Tee of Greater Rockford is taking registrations and signing up sponsors for the upcoming Third Annual Bowling Extravaganza. The event will begin with check-in at 6:30 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 9, at Park Lanes Bowl, 5318 N. Second St., Loves Park, Ill. The event will include bowling, pasta buffet, silent auction, raffles and many door prizes. Enter as an individual for $35, or a team of six for $200. All proceeds will go to The First Tee of Greater Rockford, whose mission is to impact the lives of young people by providing educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values and promote healthy choices through the game of golf. For more information or to register, visit www.thefirsttee.org or call (815) 965-5057.
From the Nov. 6-12, 2013, issue