- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
HIV/AIDS Alliance hosts fund-raising breakfast Nov. 9
People Supporting People HIV/AIDS Alliance, formerly known as Brothers and Sisters United Against HIV/AIDS (BASUAH), is hosting the Renewing Hope Fund-raising Breakfast from 7 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Nov. 9. The breakfast will be at Allen Chapel AME Church, 3000 Rural St., Rockford.
Tickets are available for $8 for adults, $5 for children 12 and younger. Advance tickets can be purchased by calling (815) 893-9478, or online at https://renewinghopebreakfast.eventbrite.com/.
Proceeds from the breakfast will aid People Supporting People’s mission to educate and empower the community and erase the stigma of HIV/AIDS within Rockford and the surrounding areas.
For additional information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (815) 893-9478.
From the Nov. 6-12, 2013, issue