- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
HIV/AIDS Alliance hosts fund-raising breakfast Nov. 9
People Supporting People HIV/AIDS Alliance, formerly known as Brothers and Sisters United Against HIV/AIDS (BASUAH), is hosting the Renewing Hope Fund-raising Breakfast from 7 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Nov. 9. The breakfast will be at Allen Chapel AME Church, 3000 Rural St., Rockford.
Tickets are available for $8 for adults, $5 for children 12 and younger. Advance tickets can be purchased by calling (815) 893-9478, or online at https://renewinghopebreakfast.eventbrite.com/.
Proceeds from the breakfast will aid People Supporting People’s mission to educate and empower the community and erase the stigma of HIV/AIDS within Rockford and the surrounding areas.
For additional information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (815) 893-9478.
From the Nov. 6-12, 2013, issue