- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
‘Holiday Gifts from Your Kitchen and Garden’
• Pre-registration required by Nov. 18 for Nov. 21 event at Ogle County Extension office; learn fun, easy gifts to give from garden
By University of Illinois Extension
Holiday gifts don’t have to be extravagant and expensive. Join University of Illinois Extension educators Candice Miller and Marilyn Csernus for “Holiday Gifts from Your Kitchen & Garden” Thursday, Nov. 21, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. It will be an afternoon of learning, crafting and fun. Learn some fun and easy gifts to make from what’s grown in your garden and what you have in your kitchen.
This is a hands-on workshop where participants will take home their crafts created during the class. Participants will have the opportunity to make an evergreen grapevine wreath, terrarium ornament, pomander balls, dried herb and floral sachets, herb popcorn, and savory herb dip. Also enjoy herbal spiced cider and treats. All recipes will be shared.
The cost for this program is $25, and it will be held at the Ogle County Extension office, 421 W. Pines Road, Oregon, Ill. Pre-registration is required by Monday, Nov. 18.
To register or for more information, contact the University of Illinois Extension office at (815) 732-2191 or visit web.extension.edu/bdo.
From the Nov. 6-12, 2013, issue