- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
- ABC Supply acquires Siding World
- IceHogs recall Jamie Wise, next home game Dec. 26
- Jimmy Clausen to start for Bears Sunday against Lions
- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
‘Holiday Gifts from Your Kitchen and Garden’
• Pre-registration required by Nov. 18 for Nov. 21 event at Ogle County Extension office; learn fun, easy gifts to give from garden
By University of Illinois Extension
Holiday gifts don’t have to be extravagant and expensive. Join University of Illinois Extension educators Candice Miller and Marilyn Csernus for “Holiday Gifts from Your Kitchen & Garden” Thursday, Nov. 21, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. It will be an afternoon of learning, crafting and fun. Learn some fun and easy gifts to make from what’s grown in your garden and what you have in your kitchen.
This is a hands-on workshop where participants will take home their crafts created during the class. Participants will have the opportunity to make an evergreen grapevine wreath, terrarium ornament, pomander balls, dried herb and floral sachets, herb popcorn, and savory herb dip. Also enjoy herbal spiced cider and treats. All recipes will be shared.
The cost for this program is $25, and it will be held at the Ogle County Extension office, 421 W. Pines Road, Oregon, Ill. Pre-registration is required by Monday, Nov. 18.
To register or for more information, contact the University of Illinois Extension office at (815) 732-2191 or visit web.extension.edu/bdo.
From the Nov. 6-12, 2013, issue