- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Kantorei’s Real Men Sing Gala Dinner Nov. 15 at Radisson Hotel
Kantorei, The Singing Boys of Rockford, invites you to be part of their biggest fund-raiser of the year. The Second Annual Real Men Sing Gala Dinner will be Friday, Nov. 15, at the Radisson Hotel and Conference Center, 200 S. Bell School Road, Rockford.
The excitement will begin at 6 p.m., with hors d’oeuvres served at 6:30 p.m. and dinner beginning at 7:30 p.m. Entertainment will be provided by Kantorei Musical Director Joel Ross along with The Singing Boys of Rockford. A cash bar will be available and a silent auction will also be held.
The 2013-14 season is Kantorei’s 50th anniversary season and is celebrating making a difference in the lives of hundreds of young men during that time.
“Kantorei has taught me much more than just how to understand music; it has also given me the opportunity to learn about myself and what I can accomplish,” said Ben Ross, a member of Kantorei’s performing choir. “The lessons Kantorei has taught me will stay with me long past my time in the choir and help me through my collegiate and professional life.”
The Real Men Sing Gala Dinner is Kantorei’s biggest fund-raiser of the year, and it will help fund all aspects of one of Rockford’s most recognized musical institutions. Tickets are $75 per person and $600 for a table of eight. Seating is limited. For more information or to get tickets, call Kantorei’s business office at (815) 963-2544, or go to their website, www.kantorei.com.
From the Nov. 6-12, 2013, issue