- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Vince’s Notes: Dion and Roy Orbison music featured at Mendelssohn Nov. 8
By Vince Chiarelli
At 7:30 p.m., Nov. 8, the Mendelssohn Club’s Emerson Auditorium, 415 N. Church St., will resound with the echoes of Roy Orbison, Dion and other vocalists who created the unique rock-pop sounds of the late 1950s and 1960s.
Vince Chiarelli and Ron Holm will provide the vocal interpretations. Vince and Ron have been charming area audiences with their Italian and Orbison-influenced vocals, respectively, and the Nov. 8 concert will bring them to the same stage for a gala evening.
Some of the area’s best musicians — John Bishoff (electric guitar), Frank Calvagna (Spanish guitar), Ken Druetzler (percussion), Janel Nelson (keyboards) and David Timmcke (bass) — will accompany Vince and Ron. Soul singer Joey Irving will make a cameo performance, celebrating his new Vincent Records release.
General admission tickets are $10 at the door, with a special $5 ticket price for students and for folks 55 and older. Refreshments will be available, and Kryptonite will provide a cash bar.
Please contact Vince Chiarelli if you have any original Rockford music or radio suggestions. He can be reached at email@example.com.
From the Nov. 6-12, 2013, issue