- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Vince’s Notes: Dion and Roy Orbison music featured at Mendelssohn Nov. 8
By Vince Chiarelli
At 7:30 p.m., Nov. 8, the Mendelssohn Club’s Emerson Auditorium, 415 N. Church St., will resound with the echoes of Roy Orbison, Dion and other vocalists who created the unique rock-pop sounds of the late 1950s and 1960s.
Vince Chiarelli and Ron Holm will provide the vocal interpretations. Vince and Ron have been charming area audiences with their Italian and Orbison-influenced vocals, respectively, and the Nov. 8 concert will bring them to the same stage for a gala evening.
Some of the area’s best musicians — John Bishoff (electric guitar), Frank Calvagna (Spanish guitar), Ken Druetzler (percussion), Janel Nelson (keyboards) and David Timmcke (bass) — will accompany Vince and Ron. Soul singer Joey Irving will make a cameo performance, celebrating his new Vincent Records release.
General admission tickets are $10 at the door, with a special $5 ticket price for students and for folks 55 and older. Refreshments will be available, and Kryptonite will provide a cash bar.
Please contact Vince Chiarelli if you have any original Rockford music or radio suggestions. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the Nov. 6-12, 2013, issue