- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Carrie Barker named women’s soccer coach at Rock Valley
Online Staff Report
Rock Valley College (RVC) has announced the hiring of Carrie Barker for the position of women’s soccer head coach.
Barker brings 14 years of NCAA Division I coaching experience with her to RVC. She was the head women’s soccer coach at Northern Illinois University (2008-2011), where her players succeeded both on the field and in the classroom. Under her watch, her players achieved a cumulative team GPA above 3.0 for seven straight semesters and had 17 student-athletes honored as Victory Scholars for achieving between a 3.5 and 3.99 GPA.
Prior to her time at NIU, Barker served as an assistant women’s soccer coach at both the University of Wisconsin (2004-2007) and the University of Michigan (1997-2004). In total, the NCAA Division I teams she has coached accumulated a record of 164-108-29 during her time there.
She was a team captain for the University of Wisconsin’s 1991 NCAA national championship finalist team and was a high school All-American player and high school Hall of Fame inductee in Michigan. Barker later played semi-professional soccer in Denmark.
Barker was most recently employed with the Rush Wisconsin Youth Soccer organization and the Wisconsin Youth Soccer Association as a United States Soccer Federation (USSF) coaching instructor and Olympic development staff coach. She also holds a National “A” coaching license from the USSF.
Both men’s and women’s soccer at RVC will begin play in the fall of 2014 and will compete in the N4C (North Central Community College Conference) at the NJCAA (National Junior College Athletic Association) Division III level.
Posted Nov. 13, 2013