- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Edgebrook kicks off holiday season with tree-lighting, open house
Edgebrook shopping center’s annual Holiday Opening Weekend features a Tree Lighting Ceremony from 5 to 7 p.m., Friday, Nov. 15, and an open house from noon to 4 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 16.
The free, family-friendly events kick off the season of special store promotions and discounts offered throughout the holidays.
Friday evening, join Santa and share in the festivities with Edgebrook merchants as the holiday tree is lit at 6 p.m. Get in the holiday spirit with carolers from Boylan High School and Rockford Lutheran High School and the candlelight glow of luminarias. Bring a non-perishable food item and enter to win one of two $50 Edgebrook gift certificates. The winners’ names will be drawn and announced during the WREX live weather remote at 6 p.m. that evening.
Saturday afternoon’s open house is a time to visit the unique shops at Edgebrook and get a head start on holiday gift-giving. Stroll through Edgebrook’s tree-lined mall as local high schoolers paint festive holiday storefront scenes and Rockford Lutheran students carol during the lunch hour. Santa will be visiting The 3 R’s from 1 to 4 p.m., with a photo opportunity available and a toy given to all good girls and boys.
Edgebrook is an established destination shopping and lifestyle center in the heart of Rockford at 1601 N. Alpine Road. With a unique combination of clothiers, boutiques, restaurants and service businesses, Edgebrook is an ideal place to meet, shop and dine. Visit edgebrookshops.com or orputcompanies.com.
From the Nov. 13-19, 2013, issue