- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Frost & Friends holiday shopping event ‘Frostyland’ Nov. 15-16
The annual Frost & Friends holiday shopping event, “Frostyland,” will kick off from 5 to 10 p.m., Friday, Nov. 15, and from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 16. The event will be at Best Western Clock Tower Resort & Conference Center, 7801 E. State St., Rockford.
Exhibitors and artists from the region will be on hand with unique gifts for the holiday season, including new exhibitors this year. Free Frosty totes will be given to the first 150 people both days. Lisa Frost will personalize gifts. Magically Delicious Frostinis will be available for purchase in a beautiful Lisa Frost collector’s glass, and the 2013 Frostyland commemorative poster is free with $50 purchase, while supplies last. The Frosty Café will be open, serving wraps, desserts and much more.
Back by popular demand is the Frosty Fast Pass. The Frosty Fast Pass allows people to shop one hour early Friday, from 4 to 5 p.m., and get ahead of the crowds. Passes are limited. These early shoppers receive a hand-painted tote packed with “Frosty’s Favorite Things.” Cost for these passes is $25, and tickets are on sale at www.frostandfriends.com.
The Let’s Get Frosty Brunch & Show is back! Get inspired for the season and experience a Candyland-style brunch with celebrity chef Sylvia Waldsmith. The brunch will also include a fashion show with Annabel Carrillo. Cost is $25, and tickets are on sale online only.
The band the Dirty Fishnet Stockings will perform live from 9 to 11 p.m., Friday.
Proceeds from this event provide art scholarships to local students.
General admission is $5, and tickets can be purchased ahead of time at select retail locations or online. For more information, visit www.frostandfriends.com.
From the Nov. 13-19, 2013, issue