- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Frost & Friends holiday shopping event ‘Frostyland’ Nov. 15-16
The annual Frost & Friends holiday shopping event, “Frostyland,” will kick off from 5 to 10 p.m., Friday, Nov. 15, and from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 16. The event will be at Best Western Clock Tower Resort & Conference Center, 7801 E. State St., Rockford.
Exhibitors and artists from the region will be on hand with unique gifts for the holiday season, including new exhibitors this year. Free Frosty totes will be given to the first 150 people both days. Lisa Frost will personalize gifts. Magically Delicious Frostinis will be available for purchase in a beautiful Lisa Frost collector’s glass, and the 2013 Frostyland commemorative poster is free with $50 purchase, while supplies last. The Frosty Café will be open, serving wraps, desserts and much more.
Back by popular demand is the Frosty Fast Pass. The Frosty Fast Pass allows people to shop one hour early Friday, from 4 to 5 p.m., and get ahead of the crowds. Passes are limited. These early shoppers receive a hand-painted tote packed with “Frosty’s Favorite Things.” Cost for these passes is $25, and tickets are on sale at www.frostandfriends.com.
The Let’s Get Frosty Brunch & Show is back! Get inspired for the season and experience a Candyland-style brunch with celebrity chef Sylvia Waldsmith. The brunch will also include a fashion show with Annabel Carrillo. Cost is $25, and tickets are on sale online only.
The band the Dirty Fishnet Stockings will perform live from 9 to 11 p.m., Friday.
Proceeds from this event provide art scholarships to local students.
General admission is $5, and tickets can be purchased ahead of time at select retail locations or online. For more information, visit www.frostandfriends.com.
From the Nov. 13-19, 2013, issue