- TRRT Online Edition | May 6-12
- RRI: The Names frontman Dave Galluzzo
- Madigan sues companies of student loan debt scams
- State Roundup: Gambling expansion hearing highlights two possible bills
- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
‘Grimm Fairytales’ takes stage at Hononegah PAC Nov. 15-24
ROCKTON, Ill. — Spotlight Youth Theater will stage Grimm Fairytales Nov. 15-17 and Nov. 23-24 on stage at the Hononegah Performing Arts Center, 307 Salem St., Rockton, Ill.
What if “happily ever after” simply … disappeared? When a social outcast is thrust into a magical world where fairy tale characters are very much alive, she realizes her visit has caused a bit of an upset. Because of her, the Grimm Brothers’ Sacred Scroll, pen and inkwell used to write the fairy tales have been stolen — and someone is rewriting the happy endings to every single story. With the help of the Frog Prince, an eighth dwarf, and a few other guides along the way, this girl must retrieve the scroll, the pen and the inkwell before Happily Ever After disappears for good!
Shows will be at 7 p.m., Friday, Nov. 15; 2 and 6 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 16; 3 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 17; 2 and 6 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 23; and 3 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 24.
Tickets are $9-$12 in advance, or $11-$14 at the door. Call (847) 516-2298 or visit www.spotlight.org for advance tickets.
Spotlight Youth Theater is a nonprofit, educational theater arts program for students 4-18 in the Aurora, Cook, DuPage, Kane, Kenosha, Lake, McHenry, Milwaukee, Oak Park, Orland Park and Rockford metro areas and has approximately 6,000 students per year. Each area offers summer camps and after-school classes in dance, voice, drama and theatrical specialties, and performs three fully staged musical productions per year.
From the Nov. 13-19, 2013, issue