- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
‘Grimm Fairytales’ takes stage at Hononegah PAC Nov. 15-24
ROCKTON, Ill. — Spotlight Youth Theater will stage Grimm Fairytales Nov. 15-17 and Nov. 23-24 on stage at the Hononegah Performing Arts Center, 307 Salem St., Rockton, Ill.
What if “happily ever after” simply … disappeared? When a social outcast is thrust into a magical world where fairy tale characters are very much alive, she realizes her visit has caused a bit of an upset. Because of her, the Grimm Brothers’ Sacred Scroll, pen and inkwell used to write the fairy tales have been stolen — and someone is rewriting the happy endings to every single story. With the help of the Frog Prince, an eighth dwarf, and a few other guides along the way, this girl must retrieve the scroll, the pen and the inkwell before Happily Ever After disappears for good!
Shows will be at 7 p.m., Friday, Nov. 15; 2 and 6 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 16; 3 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 17; 2 and 6 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 23; and 3 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 24.
Tickets are $9-$12 in advance, or $11-$14 at the door. Call (847) 516-2298 or visit www.spotlight.org for advance tickets.
Spotlight Youth Theater is a nonprofit, educational theater arts program for students 4-18 in the Aurora, Cook, DuPage, Kane, Kenosha, Lake, McHenry, Milwaukee, Oak Park, Orland Park and Rockford metro areas and has approximately 6,000 students per year. Each area offers summer camps and after-school classes in dance, voice, drama and theatrical specialties, and performs three fully staged musical productions per year.
From the Nov. 13-19, 2013, issue