- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
‘In The Mood’ celebrates big bands of 1940s
To the delight of Hepcats, Lindy Hoppers and lovers of Swing Jazz, the brassy, all-singing, all-dancing, all-American 1940s musical revue In The Mood is coming to Rockford in celebration of its 20th season.
Hop aboard the “Chattanooga Choo Choo,” and you’ll soon be “In the Mood” to hear some great musicians “Sing, Sing, Sing.” Much more than just a concert, In the Mood is a fully-staged tribute to Glenn Miller, Tommy Dorsey, Benny Goodman and the big-band greats of the 1940s. Complete with authentic costumes and choreography, In the Mood pays homage to America’s greatest generation, when people listened and boogied to up-tempo big-band rhythms and danced intimate ballads. Experience the swing, the rhythm and the jazzy, brassy, sentimental music of this pivotal time in America’s history.
In The Mood has a cast of 19 on stage with the hypnotic String of Pearls Big Band Orchestra, the six-member In The Mood Singers & Dancers, sizzling choreography, sassy costumes and more than 40 unforgettable hits — “Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy (of Company B),” “Tuxedo Junction,” “Well Get It,” “Lili Marlene,” “On The Sunny Side of the Street” and many more.
Two performances will be held on the stage of the Coronado Performing Arts Center, 314 N. Main St., at 2 and 7 p.m., Friday, Nov. 15. Tickets are $47, $37 and $27, and are available in advance at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office, 300 Elm St., Rockford, between 9 and 5 p.m., Monday-Friday, or by calling (815) 968-5222. Tickets are also
available online at www.coronadopac.org or Ticketmaster.com, select Walmart locations, or charge by phone at 800-745-3000.
From the Nov. 13-19, 2013, issue