- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
‘In The Mood’ celebrates big bands of 1940s
To the delight of Hepcats, Lindy Hoppers and lovers of Swing Jazz, the brassy, all-singing, all-dancing, all-American 1940s musical revue In The Mood is coming to Rockford in celebration of its 20th season.
Hop aboard the “Chattanooga Choo Choo,” and you’ll soon be “In the Mood” to hear some great musicians “Sing, Sing, Sing.” Much more than just a concert, In the Mood is a fully-staged tribute to Glenn Miller, Tommy Dorsey, Benny Goodman and the big-band greats of the 1940s. Complete with authentic costumes and choreography, In the Mood pays homage to America’s greatest generation, when people listened and boogied to up-tempo big-band rhythms and danced intimate ballads. Experience the swing, the rhythm and the jazzy, brassy, sentimental music of this pivotal time in America’s history.
In The Mood has a cast of 19 on stage with the hypnotic String of Pearls Big Band Orchestra, the six-member In The Mood Singers & Dancers, sizzling choreography, sassy costumes and more than 40 unforgettable hits — “Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy (of Company B),” “Tuxedo Junction,” “Well Get It,” “Lili Marlene,” “On The Sunny Side of the Street” and many more.
Two performances will be held on the stage of the Coronado Performing Arts Center, 314 N. Main St., at 2 and 7 p.m., Friday, Nov. 15. Tickets are $47, $37 and $27, and are available in advance at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office, 300 Elm St., Rockford, between 9 and 5 p.m., Monday-Friday, or by calling (815) 968-5222. Tickets are also
available online at www.coronadopac.org or Ticketmaster.com, select Walmart locations, or charge by phone at 800-745-3000.
From the Nov. 13-19, 2013, issue