- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
Montana Skies perform at Mendelssohn Nov. 15
Montana Skies will hit the Mendelssohn stage as part of the Charlotte’s Web Mainstage concert series at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Nov. 15, at Mendelssohn Hall, 406 N. Main St., Rockford.
A must-see live concert experience: a duo with the full spectrum of an orchestra crossed with the energy of a rock band. Winners of the Lifestyle Radio Music Awards for Best New Artist of 2004 and Best Contemporary Acoustic Album, 2005, Jennifer and Jonathan Adams, as Montana Skies, create a “new acoustic” sound with their pairing of cello, six-string electric cello, Spanish/classical guitar, and steel string guitar. These astounding musicians delve into music from Pink Floyd and Rush to Vivaldi, “House of the Rising Sun,” and Bach, as well as their own award-winning originals that have been featured everywhere from NPR to the Travel Channel.
Admission is $20 for adults, $10 for students up to age 25. Tickets are available and may be purchased in advance online at www.mendelssohnpac.org, by calling (815) 964-9713 or at the Mendelssohn PAC office at 406 N. Main St. in downtown Rockford. Tickets will also be available for purchase at the door of the concert. All seating is first come, first serve. Proceeds will benefit the musicians and the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center.
From the Nov. 13-19, 2013, issue