- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
Van Matre awarded spinal cord injury rehabilitation certification
Online Staff Report
Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital in Rockford has earned certification for disease-specific care in spinal cord injury rehabilitation. The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval was awarded to the hospital for its compliance with the organization’s national standards for health care quality and safety for spinal cord injury rehabilitation.
“In achieving Joint Commission certification, Van Matre has demonstrated its commitment to the highest level of care for its patients that suffered from a spinal cord injury,” said Ricardo Knight, M.D., MBA, spinal cord program medical director, Van Matre HealthSouth. “Certification is a voluntary process, and I commend our staff for successfully undertaking this challenge to elevate our standard of care and instill confidence in the community we serve.”
To earn the certification, Van Matre underwent a rigorous on-site survey Sept. 19. A surveyor with expertise in the care of patients with neurological issues from the Joint Commission evaluated the hospital’s spinal cord injury rehabilitation program for compliance with standards of care specific to the needs of patients and families, including the provision and quality of care, medical staff, leadership and medication management.
The Joint Commission’s acknowledgement of Van Matre’s continuum of care for spinal cord injury offers patients and families peace of mind in knowing they are getting quality spinal cord injury care for maximized results.
Van Matre is a 50-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services. Serving patients throughout northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin, the hospital is at 950 S. Mulford Road and on the web at rockfordhealthsystem.org.
Posted Nov. 13, 2013