- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Belvidere North presents ‘The Drowsy Chaperone’ Nov. 21-23
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Belvidere North High School has announced The Drowsy Chaperone as its fall musical theatrical production. The production will feature three shows at 7 p.m., Thursday-Saturday, Nov. 21-23.
All shows will be at the District 100 Performing Arts Center on the Belvidere High School campus, 1500 East Ave., Belvidere, Ill.
The Drowsy Chaperone is often billed as the greatest show you’ve never seen, as the entire production takes place in the narrator’s apartment. However, as the “man in the chair” describes his favorite show, the whole story comes to life right before the audience’s eyes.
Dozens of students are working on this production, including cast members Jordan Mason (Man in the Chair), Megan Baird (Mrs. Tottendale), Bryce Panzella (Underling), Ben Viette (Robert Martin), Christopher Harris (George), Ashton Sayles (Feldzeig), Colleen Bunt (Kitty), Scott Wietrzkowski, Isabella and Mia Cece (Gangsters), Julia Whitcomb (Drowsy), Megan McGowan (Trix the Aviatrix) and Jon Harms (Superintendent). Ensemble members include Amanda Barthel, Alex Bernal, Jessica Fluegel, Laura Fluegel, Alissa Grosskopf, Reneé Jalbert, Megan Mason, Caylah T. Moses, Ethel Nieto, Mia Powell, Michelle Stinson and Asa Taylor.
Members of the pit orchestra include Rowan Abbott, Alex Brodnicki, Silvia Diaz, Marina Galluzzo, Ryan Hill, Dan Johnston, Janus Kozdon, Austin Lofquist, Amadeusz Lord, Silvia Miyares, Mozella Moton, Alex Nash, Julianna Nordman, Matt Stiles, Matt Winkler and Miranda Zuroske.
Tickets for this high energy, cleverly-staged modern exploration of 1920s musical theater are $7 for adults and $5 for students or senior citizens. Tickets can be purchased in advance by calling the Belvidere North High School Ticket Hotline at (815) 547-3839. Tickets will also be available at the door.
The production staff includes Dr. Phillip Vermillion and Wendy Taylor, directors and producers; Neal Shipton, pit band director; Mike LaScola, set designer and builder; Kelley Beard, choreographer; and Mihcal McClelland, student-teacher/director. Student members of the production staff include Alexis Dedmond, Stephanie Hyser and Jilliana Paul.
From the Nov. 20-26, 2013, issue