- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Belvidere North presents ‘The Drowsy Chaperone’ Nov. 21-23
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Belvidere North High School has announced The Drowsy Chaperone as its fall musical theatrical production. The production will feature three shows at 7 p.m., Thursday-Saturday, Nov. 21-23.
All shows will be at the District 100 Performing Arts Center on the Belvidere High School campus, 1500 East Ave., Belvidere, Ill.
The Drowsy Chaperone is often billed as the greatest show you’ve never seen, as the entire production takes place in the narrator’s apartment. However, as the “man in the chair” describes his favorite show, the whole story comes to life right before the audience’s eyes.
Dozens of students are working on this production, including cast members Jordan Mason (Man in the Chair), Megan Baird (Mrs. Tottendale), Bryce Panzella (Underling), Ben Viette (Robert Martin), Christopher Harris (George), Ashton Sayles (Feldzeig), Colleen Bunt (Kitty), Scott Wietrzkowski, Isabella and Mia Cece (Gangsters), Julia Whitcomb (Drowsy), Megan McGowan (Trix the Aviatrix) and Jon Harms (Superintendent). Ensemble members include Amanda Barthel, Alex Bernal, Jessica Fluegel, Laura Fluegel, Alissa Grosskopf, Reneé Jalbert, Megan Mason, Caylah T. Moses, Ethel Nieto, Mia Powell, Michelle Stinson and Asa Taylor.
Members of the pit orchestra include Rowan Abbott, Alex Brodnicki, Silvia Diaz, Marina Galluzzo, Ryan Hill, Dan Johnston, Janus Kozdon, Austin Lofquist, Amadeusz Lord, Silvia Miyares, Mozella Moton, Alex Nash, Julianna Nordman, Matt Stiles, Matt Winkler and Miranda Zuroske.
Tickets for this high energy, cleverly-staged modern exploration of 1920s musical theater are $7 for adults and $5 for students or senior citizens. Tickets can be purchased in advance by calling the Belvidere North High School Ticket Hotline at (815) 547-3839. Tickets will also be available at the door.
The production staff includes Dr. Phillip Vermillion and Wendy Taylor, directors and producers; Neal Shipton, pit band director; Mike LaScola, set designer and builder; Kelley Beard, choreographer; and Mihcal McClelland, student-teacher/director. Student members of the production staff include Alexis Dedmond, Stephanie Hyser and Jilliana Paul.
From the Nov. 20-26, 2013, issue