- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Craft brews at Olympic Nov. 23
By Zak Rotello
Olympic Tavern Co-Owner
Illinois’ craft breweries are creating some of the most amazing beer around, but too often you have to drive all the way into Chicago just to get a pint. So instead, we’re inviting a few of our favorite Illinois brewers to bring their handcrafted beverages out to Rockford.
This Saturday, Nov. 23, join members of the Illinois Craft Brewer’s Guild from Rockford to Chicago, sample their beers, and enjoy Chicago-style food at The Olympic Tavern, 2327 N. Main St., Rockford, from 1 to 4 p.m. Cost is $20 per person ($15 for IMBIBE members) for 10 4-ounce sample pours, a commemorative taster glass, and access to a Chicago-style food buffet. Sample and snack with brewers and brewery reps from 1 to 4 p.m. The Forest City Brewers homebrewing club will also be attending, showing off a homebrew rig and doing a homebrew demo.
Featured beers and brewers inclued Pig Minds Brewing Co., Ale Syndicate, Flesk Brewing Co., The Church Street Brewing Company and Goose Island Beer Co.
Purchase tickets at http://100milesandbrewin.brownpapertickets.com/ or call The Olympic at (815) 962-8758.
From the Nov. 20-26, 2013, issue