- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Craft brews at Olympic Nov. 23
By Zak Rotello
Olympic Tavern Co-Owner
Illinois’ craft breweries are creating some of the most amazing beer around, but too often you have to drive all the way into Chicago just to get a pint. So instead, we’re inviting a few of our favorite Illinois brewers to bring their handcrafted beverages out to Rockford.
This Saturday, Nov. 23, join members of the Illinois Craft Brewer’s Guild from Rockford to Chicago, sample their beers, and enjoy Chicago-style food at The Olympic Tavern, 2327 N. Main St., Rockford, from 1 to 4 p.m. Cost is $20 per person ($15 for IMBIBE members) for 10 4-ounce sample pours, a commemorative taster glass, and access to a Chicago-style food buffet. Sample and snack with brewers and brewery reps from 1 to 4 p.m. The Forest City Brewers homebrewing club will also be attending, showing off a homebrew rig and doing a homebrew demo.
Featured beers and brewers inclued Pig Minds Brewing Co., Ale Syndicate, Flesk Brewing Co., The Church Street Brewing Company and Goose Island Beer Co.
Purchase tickets at http://100milesandbrewin.brownpapertickets.com/ or call The Olympic at (815) 962-8758.
From the Nov. 20-26, 2013, issue