- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Craft brews at Olympic Nov. 23
By Zak Rotello
Olympic Tavern Co-Owner
Illinois’ craft breweries are creating some of the most amazing beer around, but too often you have to drive all the way into Chicago just to get a pint. So instead, we’re inviting a few of our favorite Illinois brewers to bring their handcrafted beverages out to Rockford.
This Saturday, Nov. 23, join members of the Illinois Craft Brewer’s Guild from Rockford to Chicago, sample their beers, and enjoy Chicago-style food at The Olympic Tavern, 2327 N. Main St., Rockford, from 1 to 4 p.m. Cost is $20 per person ($15 for IMBIBE members) for 10 4-ounce sample pours, a commemorative taster glass, and access to a Chicago-style food buffet. Sample and snack with brewers and brewery reps from 1 to 4 p.m. The Forest City Brewers homebrewing club will also be attending, showing off a homebrew rig and doing a homebrew demo.
Featured beers and brewers inclued Pig Minds Brewing Co., Ale Syndicate, Flesk Brewing Co., The Church Street Brewing Company and Goose Island Beer Co.
Purchase tickets at http://100milesandbrewin.brownpapertickets.com/ or call The Olympic at (815) 962-8758.
From the Nov. 20-26, 2013, issue