- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
Evergreen Ball set for Dec. 7
The FRIENDS of Rockford Art Museum (RAM) present the 25th annual Evergreen Ball Saturday, Dec. 7, inside the RAM galleries, 711 N. Main St. This premier holiday fund-raising gala features cocktails and dining by Chef Paul Sletten of Abreo; live music by Mr. Big Stuff; and silent, wreath, wine and live auctions with items donated by local businesses and individuals. Proceeds benefit RAM exhibitions and educational programming throughout the year.
Feature exhibition Through the Ages: 100 Years of RAM (Aug. 23, 2013-Jan. 26, 2014) serves as the backdrop for this year’s event; the 25th anniversary celebration, held on the first Saturday of December, helps kick off the city’s philanthropic ball season.
Evergreen Ball XXV begins at 6 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 7. Black tie optional, valet parking. Tickets are $200, and reservations are accepted through Nov. 26. For more details, contact RAM at (815) 968-2787 or email@example.com, or visit rockfordartmuseum.org.
From its beginnings as the Rockford Sketch Club in 1887, to official organization as the Rockford Art Association in 1913, RAM boasts a rich history that reflects the past, present and future of the Rockford region. Through the Ages: 100 Years of RAM celebrates a century of RAM through a stunning survey of paintings, prints, drawings, sculpture, photography, glass and more from the RAM Permanent Collection, on view in all three galleries of the museum.
From the Nov. 20-26, 2013, issue