- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
Kids Spot flips to the top at Fall Classic
Online Staff Report
ROSCOE, Ill. — Thirty-five members of Kids Spot’s Tumbling and Trampoline Team traveled to Crystal Lake, Ill., Sunday, Nov. 10, to open their 2013-2014 competitive season at the Fox Valley Fall Classic.
“We are always excited for the first competition,” said coach Kyle Mowell. “It’s a chance for the athletes to finally go out and show off the hard work they have been putting in all summer.”
For Kids Spot, the hard work certainly paid off, with the team bringing home 35 trophies, including 21 first-place finishes.
Program Director Megan Owens said: “I couldn’t be more pleased with how our athletes performed considering the nerves they were trying to calm. We have a lot of athletes who have moved up to more difficult levels, and quite a few who are new to the sport, so to see their hard work pay off is exciting.”
For now, it is back to the gym and back to training for their next competition in Rock Island.
“Tumbling and trampoline are sports of perfection, so there is always room for improvement,” Owens said. “We take each competition as a chance to learn where we still need to improve.”
To learn more about Kids Spot’s Tumbling and Trampoline Team, or any of the programs offered, call (815) 623-5437 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fox Valley Fall Classic — Kids Spot Tumbling and Trampoline full results
Tumbling: Advanced Girls: 4. Madison Johnson, 6. Sophie Dutz; Advanced Boys: 2. Alex Callahan; Sub Advanced Girls: 4. Madeline Burke; Sub Advanced Boys: 3. Luke Mohns; Intermediate Girls: 1. Amiah Presson, 1. Taylor Mohns, 2. Jersie Stiff, 3. Keira Shannon, 4. Gabriellla Galluzzo; Intermedeiate Boys: 2. Max Barker; Novice Girls: 1. Breanna Sheldon, 1. Kira Daehne, 1. Katie Konen, 2. Samantha Baker, 2. Valeria Guevara, 4. Morgan Dent, 4. Alyssa Noble, Novice Boys: 1. Joshua Hedberg; Sub Novice Girls: 1. Claire Woodward, 1. Brianna Whalen, 3. Amelia Tallman, 4. Isabella Andre, 4. Maggie Blythe, 5. Katie Ericson, 8. Arianna Guevara, Sub Novice Boys: 1. Leo Galluzzo, 4. Jeremiah Green
Trampoline: Advanced Girls: 6. Madison Johnson, 7. Gretta Wulf; Advanced Boys: 4. Alex Callahan; Sub Advanced Girls: 1. Madeline Burke, 1. Jersie Stiff; Sub Advanced Boys: 1. Brett Johnson, 3. Max Barker, Intermediate Girls: 3. Taylor Mohns, 5. Amiah Presson, 7. Tori Bedows; Intermediate Boys: 1. Luke Mohns, 1. Joshua Hedberg; Novice Girls: 4. Gracie Wolfe, 6. Isabella Korsh, 7. Keira Shannon, 7. Ava Matranga, 8. Amelia Pickard; Beginner Girls: 1. Arianna Guevara
Double Mini Trampoline: Advanced Girls: 3. Gretta Wulf, 4. Madison Johnson; Sub Advanced Girls: 3. Madeline Burke, 4. Jersie Stiff; Sub Advanced Boys: 1. Brett Johnson, 2. Maxwell Barker; Intermediate Girls: 1. Tori Bedows, 1. Gracie Wolfe, 2. Amiah Presson, 5. Keira Shannon, 6. Taylor Mohns ; Intermediate Boys: 1. Joshua Hedberg, 1. Luke Mohns; Novice Girls: 1. Ava Matrange, 5. Isabella Korsh, Amelia Pickard; Beginner Girls: 5. Arianna Guevara
Posted Nov. 20, 2013