- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Monroe Arts Center kicks off Holiday Silent Auction Nov. 23
Online Staff Report
MONROE, Wis. — Why battle the crowds this holiday season? Relax and do your shopping at the Monroe Arts Center’s (MAC) 2013 Holiday Silent Auction. From Saturday, Nov. 23, through Saturday, Dec. 14, this annual holiday shopping tradition provides a variety of unique gifts displayed at MAC’s Wesley Hall, 1315 11th St., Monroe, Wis.
This important fund-raiser for MAC features hundreds of items donated by individuals and businesses from Monroe, southern Wisconsin, and northern Illinois. The auction opening night is scheduled for 6-8 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 23. To help kick-off the auction will be the 7:30 p.m. performance of the Minnesota bluegrass ensemble, The Barley Jacks. Tickets for this performance are now on sale.
For the convenience of shoppers, items are displayed and arranged by category, and an auction booklet listing the items is provided. The categories are: Original and Handcrafted Items; Holiday, Home and Garden; This and That; Baked Goods and Specialty; Clothing and Jewelry; Collectibles; Health and Beauty; Sports and Recreation; Theater, Entertainment, and Weekend Get-A-ways; and Restaurant and Specialty Dinners.
Auction items include handcrafted seasonal centerpieces; art objects; jewelry; golf packages; tickets to a “Chicago on Broadway” musical; traditional Swiss dinner for four; gift certificates; Green Bay Packers collectibles; gardening work by a master gardener; five-course “Dinner in the Woods” for eight; Olympus 14mp camera bundle set; variety of wines, homemade candies, breads, cookies, cakes, pies, jams, and jellies; gift certificates; TomTom XL350 GPS traffic and map system, and much, much more. New at this year’s auction is original artwork designed and created by Monroe High School students and educators.
Final bids will be accepted up until 7:15 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 14, prior to the 7:30 p.m. MAC presentation of the Mt. Zion Gospel Choir of Madison.
Auction items may be viewed during MAC regular business hours, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Tuesday-Saturday. For extended viewing hours, information or to purchase tickets to the performance of The Barley Jacks, contact the MAC at (608) 325-5700 or 888-596-1249, or online at www.monroeartscenter.com. Bids are accepted in person or by phone.
Posted Nov. 20, 2013