- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Pec Playhouse stages ‘The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe’
PECATONICA, Ill. — Pec Playhouse Theatre, 314 N. Main St., Pecatonica, Ill., will present The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe with shows running Nov. 22-Dec. 8.
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is based on the classic novel by C.S. Lewis and is directed at Pec Playhouse by James Castree.
Four London children are sent to a professor’s country home for protection during World War II. There, they find a magic wardrobe that leads to a mystical land called Narnia, which is being ruled by an evil witch. To defeat the witch, they must join forces with Aslan, the lion God of Narnia.
Shows are at 8 p.m., Fridays, and 2 and 8 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays, Nov. 22-Dec. 8. Tickets are $12. Call (815) 239-1210 or order tickets online at www.pecplayhouse.org.
From the Nov. 20-26, 2013, issue