- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Red-carpet premiere for ‘The Formula’ Nov. 22 in DeKalb
Online Staff Report
DEKALB, Ill. — After bringing Hollywood and Midwest talent together on their latest feature film, The Formula, three University of Iowa graduates are holding a red-carpet premiere at the Egyptian Theatre, 135 N. Second St., in downtown DeKalb, Ill., Friday, Nov. 22. The premiere is part of the Iowa graduates’ Backrow Studios’ College Premiere Tour.
The Formula is a comedy starring Brandon Baker from the Disney Channel movie Johnny Tsunami, Reginald VelJohnson from Die Hard and Family Matters, and Sasha Jackson from Blue Crush 2 and One Tree Hill.
The film is the story of Quinn (Baker) and Graham (Second City veteran Mike Schminke), two engineering students who stumble upon a mathematical equation that helps them woo women with ease. Quinn is a hopeless romantic who falls head over heels for a young student teacher. Graham is a chauvinistic womanizer who thinks the key to finding the woman of his dreams is by wooing as many as possible. As The Formula follows Quinn and Graham from one date to the next, they discover there is no shortcut to finding true love.
In addition to the screening, the star of the film, Baker, and film director Joe Clarke will be in attendance for a Q and A session after the film and an after party. After starring in the Disney Channel film, Johnny Tsunami and as Mowgli in The Jungle Book, this is Baker’s first feature film after a five-year hiatus.
Tickets are $10 for general admission seating and are on sale at www.egyptiantheatre.org, the Egyptian Theatre box office or by calling (815) 758-1225.
The Formula is the third film produced by Backrow Studios, LLC. Its first feature-length film, Kung Fu Graffiti, signed a contract for sales and distribution with Los Angeles-based production house Entertainment 7. The company’s second feature, The Wedge, is hitting the film festival circuit, and landed three awards, including Best Professional Feature at the Cedar Rapids Independent Film Makers Festival.
Posted Nov. 20, 2013