- Phishing scam targets I-PASS users
- 3rd Street bridge structurally deficient, to be closed March 19
- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
Shattered Glass performs at United Church of Byron Nov. 23
BYRON, Ill. — String ensemble Shattered Glass will perform at the United Church of Byron, 701 W. Second St., Byron, Ill., beginning at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 23. Admission is free, although a free-will offering for the musicians will be accepted.
Founded in January 2012, Shattered Glass (SG) is a conductor-less string ensemble dedicated to re-imagining the concert experience. SG is a dynamic collection of global talent, with members representing Russia, Venezuela, Korea, China, Taiwan and cities across the United States — all top young talent who came together for a common purpose: to present world-class performances. At the core of SG is a commitment to create a special relationship between audience and ensemble. Barriers typical of the classical music experience are shattered.
Members of Shattered Glass Ensemble hail from prestigious conservatories across the U.S., including New England Conservatory, The Juilliard School and The Curtis Institute of Music, but all met while attending the Manhattan School of Music. Members have performed at Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center and Merkin Concert Hall, and have performed as soloists with the Korean KBS Symphony Orchestra, Sofia Symphony Orchestra and the New Jersey Philharmonic. SG members also hold positions with prestigious orchestras such as the New Jersey Symphony Orchestra, the Orpheus Chamber Orchestra and the New York Philharmonic. SG’s 2012-13 season culminated in a Carnegie Hall premiere for the ensemble at Zankel Hall.
Learn more at shattered-glass.org. For more information about the Nov. 23 concert, contact Rockford Area Arts Council at (815) 963-6765 or the United Church of Byron at (815) 234-8777.
From the Nov. 20-26, 2013, issue