- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Vance Gilbert performs at Emerson House Nov. 23
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center (MPAC) presents the second concert in the “Charlotte’s Web Troubadour Series” with singer-songwriter Vance Gilbert at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 23, at the historic Emerson House on the MPAC campus, 420 N. Main St., Rockford.
Sing Out! wrote: “Gilbert is a formidable vocalist. His voice has the beauty of a choral singer, the strength and control of Broadway’s finest, the power of lead rock singers and enough play to match any comedic imitator …”
Meantime, the Montreal Gazette wrote: “On stage, Gilbert is a quintessential singer-songwriter. With a flexible voice that is expressive from a whisper to a scream, Gilbert is adept at covering all the bases …”
They forgot to mention Vance Gilbert’s side-splitting sense of humor and his charming rapport with the audience, treating all of us as invited guests, dear friends.
Join Charlotte’s Web for this “living room” concert: the warm environment of the acoustically and architecturally delicious Emerson House makes for a magical evening, filled with song, stories and laughter.
Admission is $15 for adults, $10 for students up to age 25. Tickets are available and may be purchased online at www.mendelssohnpac.org, by calling (815) 964-9713, or at the door. All seating is first come, first serve. Proceeds will benefit the musicians and the MPAC.
From the Nov. 20-26, 2013, issue