- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Vance Gilbert performs at Emerson House Nov. 23
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center (MPAC) presents the second concert in the “Charlotte’s Web Troubadour Series” with singer-songwriter Vance Gilbert at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 23, at the historic Emerson House on the MPAC campus, 420 N. Main St., Rockford.
Sing Out! wrote: “Gilbert is a formidable vocalist. His voice has the beauty of a choral singer, the strength and control of Broadway’s finest, the power of lead rock singers and enough play to match any comedic imitator …”
Meantime, the Montreal Gazette wrote: “On stage, Gilbert is a quintessential singer-songwriter. With a flexible voice that is expressive from a whisper to a scream, Gilbert is adept at covering all the bases …”
They forgot to mention Vance Gilbert’s side-splitting sense of humor and his charming rapport with the audience, treating all of us as invited guests, dear friends.
Join Charlotte’s Web for this “living room” concert: the warm environment of the acoustically and architecturally delicious Emerson House makes for a magical evening, filled with song, stories and laughter.
Admission is $15 for adults, $10 for students up to age 25. Tickets are available and may be purchased online at www.mendelssohnpac.org, by calling (815) 964-9713, or at the door. All seating is first come, first serve. Proceeds will benefit the musicians and the MPAC.
From the Nov. 20-26, 2013, issue