- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Blues Across the Ages at JustGoods Nov. 29
JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., Rockford, will host Blues Across the Ages beginning at 7 p.m., Friday, Nov. 29.
The free show is a special event featuring outstanding blues players as young as 13, backed by veteran players who have worked with legendary blues artists.
Young, extremely gifted blues artists Drew D’Astice, Justin Gates and Samantha Owen participated in the Sunday evening blues jam series “Barstool Bob” Levis and Ron Holm hosted at Kryptonite Bar. This musical chemistry prompted a cross-generational concert project that JustGoods will host.
The assembly of talent and the combination of experience and youth produces an extraordinary level of energy and enthusiasm. Admission is free, although seating is limited. Refreshments will be available.
Attendees will have an opportunity to make donations to the artists during the performance.
Call (815) 965-8903 or e-mail email@example.com for more details.
From the Nov. 27-Dec. 3, 2013, issue