- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
- ComEd and river goers at same level?
- State Roundup: Governor visits IDOT listening tour, told he’s wrong on Turnaround
Blues Across the Ages at JustGoods Nov. 29
JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., Rockford, will host Blues Across the Ages beginning at 7 p.m., Friday, Nov. 29.
The free show is a special event featuring outstanding blues players as young as 13, backed by veteran players who have worked with legendary blues artists.
Young, extremely gifted blues artists Drew D’Astice, Justin Gates and Samantha Owen participated in the Sunday evening blues jam series “Barstool Bob” Levis and Ron Holm hosted at Kryptonite Bar. This musical chemistry prompted a cross-generational concert project that JustGoods will host.
The assembly of talent and the combination of experience and youth produces an extraordinary level of energy and enthusiasm. Admission is free, although seating is limited. Refreshments will be available.
Attendees will have an opportunity to make donations to the artists during the performance.
Call (815) 965-8903 or e-mail email@example.com for more details.
From the Nov. 27-Dec. 3, 2013, issue