- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Blues Across the Ages at JustGoods Nov. 29
JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., Rockford, will host Blues Across the Ages beginning at 7 p.m., Friday, Nov. 29.
The free show is a special event featuring outstanding blues players as young as 13, backed by veteran players who have worked with legendary blues artists.
Young, extremely gifted blues artists Drew D’Astice, Justin Gates and Samantha Owen participated in the Sunday evening blues jam series “Barstool Bob” Levis and Ron Holm hosted at Kryptonite Bar. This musical chemistry prompted a cross-generational concert project that JustGoods will host.
The assembly of talent and the combination of experience and youth produces an extraordinary level of energy and enthusiasm. Admission is free, although seating is limited. Refreshments will be available.
Attendees will have an opportunity to make donations to the artists during the performance.
Call (815) 965-8903 or e-mail email@example.com for more details.
From the Nov. 27-Dec. 3, 2013, issue