- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Holiday activities offered at Nicholas Conservatory Dec. 1
Online Staff Report
Rockford Park District welcomes everyone to enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of the holiday season from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 1. Holiday-themed free and low-fee activities will take place inside and outside of Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens, 1354 N. Second St., Rockford.
This holiday-themed day will conclude with the annual Holiday Tree Lighting at 5 p.m.
Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens will be open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 1, with a special Tree Lighting event-only admission price of $2 per person.
Enjoy the following activities inside Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens: craft projects; gingerbread cookie decorating (additional fee of $3); Sounds of the Season musical entertainment; shop at Garden Gate Gifts, which offers many unique presents exclusive to NCG; and poinsettia tree in the lobby, a great place for family holiday photos.
The annual Holiday Tree Lighting is a free family tradition. The Holiday Tree Lighting takes place at 5 p.m.
Enjoy the following activities outside Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens: take a free photo with Santa; write a letter to Santa, drop it in the mail box; holiday-themed activities; and holiday music at 4 p.m. by “Jeanie B.”
Food and beverages will be available for purchase by Toni’s of Winnebago.
For more about the Rockford Park District community tree lighting, including accessibility for people with disabilities attending the event, call (815) 987-8800 or visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org.
Posted Nov. 27, 2013