- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Holiday activities offered at Nicholas Conservatory Dec. 1
Online Staff Report
Rockford Park District welcomes everyone to enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of the holiday season from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 1. Holiday-themed free and low-fee activities will take place inside and outside of Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens, 1354 N. Second St., Rockford.
This holiday-themed day will conclude with the annual Holiday Tree Lighting at 5 p.m.
Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens will be open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 1, with a special Tree Lighting event-only admission price of $2 per person.
Enjoy the following activities inside Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens: craft projects; gingerbread cookie decorating (additional fee of $3); Sounds of the Season musical entertainment; shop at Garden Gate Gifts, which offers many unique presents exclusive to NCG; and poinsettia tree in the lobby, a great place for family holiday photos.
The annual Holiday Tree Lighting is a free family tradition. The Holiday Tree Lighting takes place at 5 p.m.
Enjoy the following activities outside Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens: take a free photo with Santa; write a letter to Santa, drop it in the mail box; holiday-themed activities; and holiday music at 4 p.m. by “Jeanie B.”
Food and beverages will be available for purchase by Toni’s of Winnebago.
For more about the Rockford Park District community tree lighting, including accessibility for people with disabilities attending the event, call (815) 987-8800 or visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org.
Posted Nov. 27, 2013