- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Mr. Blotto to perform at Rosbrook Studio in Dixon Nov. 30
Online Staff Report
DIXON, Ill. — In an effort to celebrate its Third Anniversary Jam on “Shop Small Business Saturday” Nov. 30, Rosbrook Studio, 107 S. Peoria Ave., in Dixon, Ill., will host the regionally acclaimed rock band Mr. Blotto.
According to the band’s website, mrblotto.net: “Mr. Blotto was formed in 1991 as an off-night musical vehicle for its members, who were then playing in different projects. After a brief run as an opening act, the word about Mr. Blotto began to spread. The members left their other bands, and found themselves in the enviable position of playing the music that they most enjoyed to packed houses.”
Doors to the Nov. 30 show will open at 6 p.m. Jay Vonn and Friends will open the stage at 8 p.m., with Mr. Blotto taking the stage at 10 p.m.
Local art will be on display and for sale. Tickets are $12 box office price or $15 through PayPal (details are on the Rosbrook Studio Facebook page).
Vending will be provided by Mama Cimino’s, with drinks — beer, wine and soda, $3 and up — plus pizza slices. This is an all-ages show, although an ID is required for alcohol service.
Rosbrook Studio is an artist co-op, with roots extending into the very beginnings of Dixon, Ill., and the Sauk Valley area. Call (815) 973-4476 for more details.
Posted Nov. 27, 2013