- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
Nominations for RAMI Awards due by Dec. 31
Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) is accepting nominations until midnight, Dec. 31, 2013, for the RAMI Awards.
Band members, performers and technicians should submit their nomination. Musicians should submit a short bio, picture and properly formatted MP3 for the online voting process.
Voting in all music and technicians categories will be conducted by members of the RAMI Musicians Organization. Musicians, technicians, booking agents and venue operators can join for one year at $10 or two years at $15 per person.
The RAMI Committee made a change in the music categories receiving five or more nominations, which include male and female vocalists and the New Act category. Within the first two weeks of January, a special ballot will be presented to the active members of the RAMI Musicians Organization. This voting process will reduce the number of nominations in a category to five. The final ballot will be available the first week of February, and voting will be open until mid-March.
Nominations for Community Service, Lifetime Achievement and People’s Choice categories, Artist of the Year, Favorite Radio Station and Venue will also be accepted until Dec. 31. The public can vote in the People’s Choice categories.
Recordings released during 2013 can be submitted for Album, Composer or Song of the Year until Jan. 30, 2014. To nominate, download a Recording Submission Form or join the RAMI Musicians Organization, go to ramiawards.com.
From the Nov. 27-Dec. 3, 2013, issue