- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Nominations for RAMI Awards due by Dec. 31
Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) is accepting nominations until midnight, Dec. 31, 2013, for the RAMI Awards.
Band members, performers and technicians should submit their nomination. Musicians should submit a short bio, picture and properly formatted MP3 for the online voting process.
Voting in all music and technicians categories will be conducted by members of the RAMI Musicians Organization. Musicians, technicians, booking agents and venue operators can join for one year at $10 or two years at $15 per person.
The RAMI Committee made a change in the music categories receiving five or more nominations, which include male and female vocalists and the New Act category. Within the first two weeks of January, a special ballot will be presented to the active members of the RAMI Musicians Organization. This voting process will reduce the number of nominations in a category to five. The final ballot will be available the first week of February, and voting will be open until mid-March.
Nominations for Community Service, Lifetime Achievement and People’s Choice categories, Artist of the Year, Favorite Radio Station and Venue will also be accepted until Dec. 31. The public can vote in the People’s Choice categories.
Recordings released during 2013 can be submitted for Album, Composer or Song of the Year until Jan. 30, 2014. To nominate, download a Recording Submission Form or join the RAMI Musicians Organization, go to ramiawards.com.
From the Nov. 27-Dec. 3, 2013, issue