- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Park District offers ice skating, ice hockey lessons beginning Dec. 5
Online Staff Report
The Learn to Skate and Jr. IceHogs/Learn to Play Hockey programs offer people ages 3 through adult of all abilities the opportunity to learn the skills to enjoy ice sports recreation for a lifetime.
Five-week skating sessions and four-week hockey group sessions are offered for beginner, intermediate and advanced skill levels, and meet at Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park once a week for 30 to 40 minutes (depending on lesson type), with skates provided; the next sessions begin Dec. 5 and Jan. 7, 2014, for skating, and Dec. 5 and Jan. 2, 2014, for hockey.
For skaters interested in additional advanced training, private lessons are also available from the professional figure skating and hockey coaching staff of the Park District’s ice facilities.
Registration is under way for skating and hockey programs, and will continue until capacity is reached. Fee assistance for group lessons may be available to those meeting program qualifications. Registrations are taken online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click My RPD), by mail, fax, or at Customer Service locations in downtown Rockford, or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park. Registration information and class descriptions, schedules and fees are available in the Park District’s Fall/Winter 2013/2014 Program Guide online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/guides, at Park District Customer Service offices and facilities, or by calling (815) 969-4069 or (815) 987-8800.
Posted Nov. 27, 2013