- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Park District offers ice skating, ice hockey lessons beginning Dec. 5
Online Staff Report
The Learn to Skate and Jr. IceHogs/Learn to Play Hockey programs offer people ages 3 through adult of all abilities the opportunity to learn the skills to enjoy ice sports recreation for a lifetime.
Five-week skating sessions and four-week hockey group sessions are offered for beginner, intermediate and advanced skill levels, and meet at Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park once a week for 30 to 40 minutes (depending on lesson type), with skates provided; the next sessions begin Dec. 5 and Jan. 7, 2014, for skating, and Dec. 5 and Jan. 2, 2014, for hockey.
For skaters interested in additional advanced training, private lessons are also available from the professional figure skating and hockey coaching staff of the Park District’s ice facilities.
Registration is under way for skating and hockey programs, and will continue until capacity is reached. Fee assistance for group lessons may be available to those meeting program qualifications. Registrations are taken online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click My RPD), by mail, fax, or at Customer Service locations in downtown Rockford, or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park. Registration information and class descriptions, schedules and fees are available in the Park District’s Fall/Winter 2013/2014 Program Guide online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/guides, at Park District Customer Service offices and facilities, or by calling (815) 969-4069 or (815) 987-8800.
Posted Nov. 27, 2013