- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
‘Tales of the Yuletide’ offered in northwestern Illinois theaters
Online Staff Report
HANOVER, Ill. — Back Street Players, in conjunction with Northwest Illinois Theater Coalition, will present Tales of the Yuletide, a lighthearted collection of holiday skits and songs. Theatergoers will delight in the amusing antics of the characters as they share their stories of Christmas preparations and aggravations. Familiar seasonal music will accompany each yarn.
These amusing tales will open in Orangeville, Ill., with the Mighty Richland Players at Masonic Hall, 203 High St., Nov. 29 and 30 at 7:30 p.m., and Dec. 1 at 2 p.m. Reservations are preferred for this dessert theater show. Tickets are $20 and available through the Monroe Arts Center by calling (608) 325-5700.
The show continues the following weekend with Plum River Playhouse, and will be held in Mount Carroll, Ill., at Metcalf Hall on the Campbell Center Campus, Thursday and Friday, Dec. 5 and 6, at 7:30 p.m. Advance tickets are $10, available through Stockton Banking Center, (815) 947-2000 or THE National Bank, Mt. Carroll Branch, (815) 244-2265. Tickets will be available at the door for $12.
Closing performances are at Back Street Players, Hanover Township Hall, 111 Monroe St., Hanover, Ill., Saturday, Dec. 7, at 7:30 p.m., and a Sunday matinee Dec. 8 at 2 p.m. Reservations are required by calling Apple River State Bank at (815) 591-2201. Tickets for this dessert theater are $12 each.
Posted Nov. 27, 2013