- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
- Something is rotten in the state of US education
‘Tales of the Yuletide’ offered in northwestern Illinois theaters
Online Staff Report
HANOVER, Ill. — Back Street Players, in conjunction with Northwest Illinois Theater Coalition, will present Tales of the Yuletide, a lighthearted collection of holiday skits and songs. Theatergoers will delight in the amusing antics of the characters as they share their stories of Christmas preparations and aggravations. Familiar seasonal music will accompany each yarn.
These amusing tales will open in Orangeville, Ill., with the Mighty Richland Players at Masonic Hall, 203 High St., Nov. 29 and 30 at 7:30 p.m., and Dec. 1 at 2 p.m. Reservations are preferred for this dessert theater show. Tickets are $20 and available through the Monroe Arts Center by calling (608) 325-5700.
The show continues the following weekend with Plum River Playhouse, and will be held in Mount Carroll, Ill., at Metcalf Hall on the Campbell Center Campus, Thursday and Friday, Dec. 5 and 6, at 7:30 p.m. Advance tickets are $10, available through Stockton Banking Center, (815) 947-2000 or THE National Bank, Mt. Carroll Branch, (815) 244-2265. Tickets will be available at the door for $12.
Closing performances are at Back Street Players, Hanover Township Hall, 111 Monroe St., Hanover, Ill., Saturday, Dec. 7, at 7:30 p.m., and a Sunday matinee Dec. 8 at 2 p.m. Reservations are required by calling Apple River State Bank at (815) 591-2201. Tickets for this dessert theater are $12 each.
Posted Nov. 27, 2013