- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Illinois gay marriage bill passes, heads to governor’s desk
By Jim Hagerty Staff Writer The Illinois House, on Tuesday, made a historic move, positioning the state to be the 15th to legalize same-sex marriage. After a 61-54 House vote, the measure was sent to the Senate...
- Posted November 5, 2013
Illinois shows six-year improvement in preterm birth rate
Online Staff Report CHICAGO — Illinois lowered its preterm birth rate, giving more babies a healthy start in life and contributing to the national six-year improving trend. Illinois lowered its preterm birth rate, but not enough to...
- Posted November 1, 2013