- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Bonnie Wetter Spirit of Caring Award winner
Beloit Regional Hospice’s (BRH) Board of Directors, staff and volunteers have honored Bonnie Wetter as this year’s Spirit of Caring Award recipient. The annual award was announced at the organizations’ Ninth Annual Doves and Diamonds: Celebrate Hospice event in October.
Wetter has been a dedicated advocate for Beloit Regional Hospice as well as many other local not-for-profit agencies. As a board member for eight years, she has committed her time and talents to move Beloit Regional Hospice forward, through leadership transitions and many regulatory and marketplace changes. She is regarded as an expert in board development and leadership. She is a vocal advocate for Beloit Regional Hospice, and works tirelessly to educate individuals about the value of end-of-life planning and care for the final stages of life’s journey. She was instrumental in the addition of the Transitions program to Beloit Regional Hospice’s offerings for those facing a terminal diagnosis.
The Spirit of Caring Award is given annually by BRH to an individual, organization or business that has demonstrated dedication to strengthening the hospice concept in the stateline community in an effort to improve quality of life.
From the Dec. 4-10, 2013, issue